Don’t Buy into the Lie!
1 Peter 5:8 – “Be sober, be vigilant because your adversary the devil is as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour, whom resist steadfast in the faith”.
· You have a personal adversary – totally committed to rendering you ineffective as a Christian and stripping all God’s provision from you.
· There is no peace in this battle – 24/7 – stakes are eternal.
· Be sober; vigilant; resist!
· Greatest weapon used against people is Deception – Lie!
2. Three lies Believers buy into:
Lie No. 1 – There are two worlds – spiritual life and secular life (dualism)
· ·Dualism separates natural and spiritual areas of your life.
· ·Work life during the week and then God on Sunday.
· ·Work life is viewed as “not spiritual”.
· ·Spiritual life is viewed as “not related to work/business”.
Lie No. 2 – Only a few Christians are ‘chosen’ for Full Time Service
· You have a secular job or a religious job (full time ministry).
· Rest of us are free to work in secular world – money.
· No real responsibility for ministry – that is for “spiritual people”.
Lie No. 3 – Secular life is a public matter but spiritual life is ‘private’
· Don’t talk about ‘religion or politics’.
· Don’t intrude into people’s ‘private’ life – focus on secular.
· Keep quiet about ‘spiritual matters’ Might Offend!
· Spiritual life neglected
· Devil has own agenda: e.g.
(i) Reaction to ‘enough is enough’ call, dangerous, Tui Advertisement.
(ii) Legislation against ‘Hate Speech’ silence and control ability to speak.
3. Embracing the Truth
Truth No. 1 - Your spiritual life impacts all that you do!
· Prov. 4:28 keep heart with all diligence for out of it is the issues of life.
· All that you do flows out of what you believe.
E.g. Muslims – pouring $50 million a month to finance mosques worldwide. Goal is to penetrate and take over the world.
E.g. Humanist – agenda to totally alter family as we know it. Civil Law’s bill – gays – then polygamy.
E.g. Hollywood – media impacting the world.
· Dualism strips you of ability to bring life and power of God into business.
· Mt. 6:24 – cannot serve 2 masters – God/money
· Serve God and make money your servant!
· Money speaks! How can you make it your servant?
· Money has a voice – do you listen to $$ or to God?
· Master tells servant what to do – Do you master money or does money master you?
· If money speaks and you obey then money masters you!
Oprah Show – ‘Credit Card’. A woman had amassed $120,000 debt on 12 cards –
advice – give 10%.
Advisor =Poor are poor because money controls them.
When money has power over you – repelled from you.
· Looked for keys to power over money – 1 key – give it.
· When you give it away – you master it.
· Oprah began to give over 10% away –earnings rose from 3 mill to 100 mill. When God tells you to give it seems like he doesn’t know the state of your account.
Truth No.2 – All Christians are called to be full time ministers of God!
· 1 Pet. 2:9 – You are a royal priesthood you have access to God at any time for wisdom, empowering.
· Rev. 6:10 – Kingdom of priests and we shall reign on earth.
o We are called to extend the kingdom of God everywhere – Advance!
o Kingdom of the world media/finance/government/health/education.
· At no time in the day do you stop being a minister of God.
· Holy Spirit anointing given to enable you to extend influence – impact lives.
· He has made us ministers – servants of God full time (Is. 61:1-6)
Truth No. 3 – All Christians are called to reach people for Christ!
- ·When you make God senior partner, God can get his business done through yours.
- Lk. 19:10 God’s business is people.
- Jn 3:16 God is fully committed to people to serve and build them.
- Called to do more than make money called to penetrate and impact people.
- Jesus was constantly criticised because he was involved with people. (Lk 15:1-2).
- People hide pain, fear, and disappointment behind prosperity.
- You are called to pastor them (Mt 4:19 – Fisher of men)
- Who? Employees, associates, business connections, competitors.
1) Lifestyle – attitude, speak, present self, care, consistency
2) Business practice – honesty, integrity, service, presentation.