· Purpose in coming together not to ask you for money.
· Experience in Asia: Businessmen FGB Tony Tseng.
· Experience in Africa: Capetown
· Experience in NZ: Gap between spiritual and natural. Ignorance of Kingdom of God purpose of God for businesses.
· Goal: Bridge the gap help businessmen discover purpose and destiny in marketplace.
· Stimulate advance and success in personal and business life.
· Example: Rachel Heinz Watties
Example: Victorian era attitude to sex: Do it but dont enjoy it. Produce but not too excited become carnal.
Majority of key people in Old Testament not mystics but businessmen:
· Abraham Father of faith wealthy businessman
· Jacob Prospered in business
· Job Wealthy businessman active socially and government (Job 31)
· David Shepherd
· Joseph Prospered in Egypt in spite of injustices
· Daniel Most influential man in Babylon in spite eunuch
· Prophets Esther Proverbs 31 woman
· Peter Fisherman (Luke 5)
· Levi Tax collector
· Luke Doctor
Each person had unique destiny mostly fulfilled in market.
· God is a God of investment and increase.
· Example: Genesis 1 Increase and multiply be fruitful productive.
· Example: Luke Tree not bearing fruit cut it down.
· No athlete enters competition to lose enter to win.
· Profit motive is stimulation to take on challenge.
· Problem: Profit at any cost no matter how do it. Win or profit without Gods principles devastating.
· Example: Luke 19 Parable of pounds
· How much each gained by trading.
· Unprofitable servant rebuked and disqualified.
4. Example of David
· 1 Samuel 17:26 What is in this for me: riches, kings doing what they like and no taxes.
· Shepherd businessman vs. professional soldier.
· Did not separate business and spiritual same God who helped business helped now.
· God central to both!
· Attempts to disqualify:
(i) Eliab wrong motives
(ii) Saul no experience
(iii) Goliath not soldier
· Davids bold response: Anointing that worked in business work here too!
· No separation or gap in his natural and spiritual life.
5. Men in the marketplace
Joseph / Moses / David / Job / Esther / Elisha / Peter
All men who impacted businesses through walk with God.
· See marketplace as evil but do all can to hold ground.
· Goal is survival like POW.
· More positive outlook.
· Principles enable them to overcome temptation.
· Settle for a draw wont change marketplace/marketplace will change them.
· Seek God to hear Him do what He tells them.
· Expect hand of God blessing personal and business life.
· Have experienced power of God personally and in business.
· Have apostolic mindset on a mission to transform.
· See that the flock they pastor is marketplace of business.
Luke 19 - Servants prospered in business
· Periodic breakfast meetings to inspire keys.
· Connection other businessmen pray and encourage, share word.
· Profile businessmen in church.
· Opportunities for mission experiences.