29 August 10
“They will roar like young lions”
a) The lion in the character of God
· Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of Judah – He is strong – He is not weak
· Sometimes He is gentle, tender, loving and sometimes like a Lion
· There is a Lion in the life of every believer
b) If one looks at the land – see darkness and sorrows vs30
· Evil and darkness comes in every area of society
· Drugs, alcohol, violence, abortion – evil progressing
· Who will stop this darkness? Who will stop this evil?
· Who will bring healing? Who will bring deliverance?
· The Lion is within us! Let the Lion within you arise!
· God has already sent Jesus , now we are the answer, we are the hope to the world
· We were not called to sit, we were called to arise like a lion, become the answer
· God lives within man, if man will not arise, not speak, what can God do?
c) He will lift up a banner to the nations vs26
· God wants to reach every nation, every people
· God will lift up a banner, a standard, a hope for the nations – The Church
· We must tell people: There is a God in heaven, He is full of compassion to help you
· We are His voice, we have His words, we must speak
a) Passion – “they will come with seed, swiftly” vs26:
· Full of passion for God and love for people, not half hearted
· The Church has a mission in its heart, will come swiftly, prompt to act
· No half-heartedness or luke-warmness – but passion, equipped with the Power of the Holy Spirit
b) Enthusiasm – “No one will be weary” vs27
· Full of enthusiasm and energy, not tired and ready to give up
· The Lion within must arise, full of energy and vitality
· “Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength” - Is 40:31
· The Holy Spirit fill us with life and energy - “Let the weak say I’m strong”
c) Spiritually Awake/Aware – “No one will slumber or sleep” vs27
· Sin puts you to sleep, luke-warmness, compromise puts you to sleep
· Sorrows and grieves put you to sleep
· ‘Wake up!’, now is not the time to sleep, awaken the lion within you
· “Watch and pray lest you enter temptation” MK 14:38
· Build a strong and vital prayer life, strong praying in the spirit
d) Not easily offended – “no one will stumble” vs27
· Offense = skondalon = to stumble, to trip and fold
· Don’t harbor or carry offenses, they stumble you, and become energy drawn
· “They that love your word, nothing shall offend them” Ps19:165
e) Disciplined/Renewed mind – “nor will the belt on their loins be loosed” vs27
· The belt on the loins held up the garment so a person could be mobile and move easily
· “Belt of Truth” Eph 6:14 “to gird up loins of the mind” 1 Pet 1:13
· Need to meditate on the Word of God and renew mind so it can be sharp and disciplined
· Be alert at all times
f) Evangelistic – “Nor the straps of the sandals be broken” vs27
· Feet covered with the preparation of the Gospel of peace” Eph 6:15
· Ready to speak, to energize everywhere, you wear shoes everywhere
· Shoes on, ready to speak
g) Anointed words – “Whose arrows are sharp and whose bows are bent” vs28
· Arrow = the Word of God in your mouth, in prayer, speaking to people, wisdom
· Holy Spirit gives words to speak that impact people when it flows from the Spirit
h) Boldness – “Their roaring will be like Lions” vs29
· They have the spirit of a lion! They shall roar!
· That is why we praise, why we shout to the Lord – It is the Spirit of the Lion
· “He shall roar out of Zion” Joel 3:16
· “The righteous are as bold as a Lion” Prov 28:1
· We are the righteous of God, we areas bold as a lion
· End time Church will be filled with boldness
· Boldness will be the distinctive feature of the church
· Boldness can be seen Acts 4:3 – it shocks people
· Speak as if God will work, God will do it
· You have the answer. Are you on drugs? I have the key to your deliverance!
Are you in darkness? I have the key to your freedom!
· Begin to speak boldly
i) Focus and Determination
· Rev 5:5 “Do not weep, sorrow … behold the lion of Judah …!
· Do you want the sorrow to stop, the evil to stop, darkness to stop? Behold the Lion!
· The Lion in us must arise so people can see the lion and stop weeping
· The Lion prevails, can stop the weeping everywhere
· The devil tries to be a lion, but we are the Lion
· “They will lay hold of the prey” Is 5:29 - character of the lion – targets prey
· We must have focused determination to deal to the demonic – prevail
· To enjoy the Kingdom blessings you must be like a lion Matt 11:12
· Don’t stop until family is saved, friends are saved
j) Strength to prevail
· “The Lion of the tribe of Judah has prevailed” Rev 5:5
· The Lion is the strongest among the beast and turns not away for anything
· It is time to raise up, reach people and nations for Christ
· A Lion never gives up – it will prevail
· Num 23:24 “behold the people shall rise up as a great Lion” Ecc 9:4
· Let the Lion Arise in You!