5 June 2011
- Our life is pictured as a marathon race with a prize to be won at the end.
- Every person born into the world has a unique God given destiny and a race
to fulfil it.
- Hurdle = a barrier in a race that each contestant must leap over in order to
complete the race.
- Today we want to identify some of the “Destiny Hurdles” to recognise and
2. Your Desires and Destiny are deeply connected
(a) God has created a unique destiny for each of us
(b) God wants to co-labour with us not control us
E.g. Mk.16:20 apostles – “God working with them”
(c) Your Desires help position you to fulfil your Destiny
(d) God raises our Vision to Align with His Plan
3. Leaping over Destiny Hurdles
Here are some Destiny Hurdles:
(i) Take Full Personal Responsibility for your life (Rom. 14:12)
· Must discover and own desires, passions, thoughts, actions, mistakes, feelings.
· Victim Mentality – someone else is responsible, someone else is to blame.
(ii) Plan and set goals
· Ecc.5:3 A dream comes through much activity.
· Prov. 16:9 Amos heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps.
· Without focus of goals we become distracted and sidetracked.
(iii) Work hard – apply yourself
· Prov. 13:4 “The soul of the lazy man desires but has nothing …”
· Prov. 21:25 “The desire of the lazy man kills him for he refuses to labour”.
(iv) Persevere – Don’t Quit!
· Heb. 10:35-36 You have need of endurance.
· Persevere when there is pressure, pain – keep focussed on dream.
(v) Resolve Personal issues from your Past
· Heb. 11:15
· Unresolved hurts, grief’s, bitterness hinder destiny.
· E.g. Michel – David’s wife was bitter – failed to enter destiny as Queen.
(vi) Develop Your Core Beliefs
· Prov.4:23 “Out of heart flow the issues of life”
· Prov.27:3 How/what you believe determines how you interact with life.
(vii) Develop Your Skills and Talents
· Invest in yourself – in training and personal development.
· Mt. 13:24 Kingdom of heaven like man who sowed.
· Everything starts small – must be nurtured.
(viii) Develop Supportive Relationships
· Prov. 27:6 “Faithful are the wounds of a friend”.
· Need relationships – connections to fulfil destiny.
(ix) Develop Devotion and Delight in the Lord
· Ps. 37:4 Delight self in the Lord
· As we take delight in Him and meditate in the Word of God – blessing and favour.
(x) Develop a Kingdom World View
· Mt. 11:12 Kingdom of heaven suffers violence – violent possess by force.
· Rapture/Revival mentality = people waiting for God to move.
· Kingdom is here now – we must advance it in our area of influence.