Speak The Word of God
22nd September 2013
· Josh 1:8 This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night that you may observe to do all that is written in it. For then shall you make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
· Notice the important promises to Joshua - prosperous, success.
· Keys to this happening are: speaking, meditating and doing the Word of God.
enables the truth of Gods Word to penetrate our heart/spirit - faith.
Speaking and doing shapes our world.
2. A Key Function of the Human Spirit is to Communicate Life.
· Jam 2:26 The body without the spirit is dead.
· Your spirit is important to every part of your life.
(a) Life to your soul and body.
(b) Life to people around you.
· One important way life is communicated from your spirit is through words spoken.
· Jn 6:63 The Words I speak to you are spirit and they are life.
· Whatever flows from your spirit can bring life and death to self and to others.
Gen 1:2,3 The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters and then God said “Let there be light”.
Creative power was released when God spoke and The Spirit of God moved.
· Spirit empowered words bring forth physical realities.
3. Words You Speak Have Power to Change Your World
– saved. – engaged. – married. – financial commitments.
– All take place when words are spoken.
b) The Bible clearly reveals the power of your words.
· Prov 18:21 Death and Life imparted.
· Jam 3:3-5 Horse, ship – course set for life.
· Heb 11:3 Shape your world.
· Prov 16:24 Affect your physical and mental health.
· Num 14:27-28 Alter your life and destiny.
4. God’s Word Can Release God’s Power On Our Behalf.
a) Gods word is powerful.
Heb 4:12 ‘The Word of God is living and powerful.’
b) Faith in the
heart is required for power to be released.
1 Thes 2:13 ‘Word of God which works effectively in you who believe’
· Worth = NT1754 = energes = to energize, be active, efficient, work
· The key to the Word of God working in us is our heart belief in it.
· Speaking the Word of God aloud energizes our soul and body and others.
· The words must flow from our heart coupled with faith. (Mt 12:34)
5. Train Yourself to Speak Life Giving Words.
· Eph 4:29 ‘Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth but what is good for necessary edification that it may minister grace to the hearers and do not grieve the Holy Spirit.’
· Notice we have power of choice over the words we speak.
· Notice also our ability to minister grace (spirit life) to the hearers.
· You hear what you speak – so do others.
(a) Speak to Yourself – Be Specific not general!
· Pray in Tongues. (Jude 20)
· Speak promises of God. (Heb 4:12, Heb 10:38)
· Prophecy over self. (Ezek 37:1-4)
· Speak to soul, body. (Ps 103:1-2)
· Speak to circumstances. (Mk 11:22-23)
(b) Speak to Others
· Affirm people & their value. (Philem 6)
· Encourage – word in season. (Prov 15:23)
· Strengthen people. (Lk 22:32)
Are there times or issues about which you speak
What will you do about this?
ii) In what ways could you begin to speak life giving words to yourself on a daily basis?
iii) In what wrong could you speak life giving words to others? Who?