2 September 2012
“Two Principles that Release the Best in People”
· How you respond to people determines what you receive from them.
· People are a gift of God to us.
· Two keys to releasing what is in others.
· Mk.6:1-5 Jesus in His home town.
· “Could do no mighty work there”
· Jesus anointed to meet needs of people.
· All the power of God was available.
· Jesus was God’s answer – provision.
· Dishonour/Disrespect – stopped the flow.
(i) Familiarity – family his own house
· Familiarity breeds disrespect – e.g. Miriam and Moses
· They saw and were familiar with natural
· Familiarity hindered seeing God’s provision.
· When disrespect you block what God has to help you through that person.
· Men need to be respected to function.
(ii) Offense – they were offended at Him
· Disrespect and familiarity lead to offense.
· Offense builds walls in heart.
· Offended that God would help them through this person.
· They recognised what he did elsewhere but did not see he was God’s answer.
(iii)Greatest need men have is for respect
· Men need to be treated with respect. Respect, honour releases what they have.
· God treated men with respect.
e.g. Jud.6:2 Gideon – fearful – Mighty Man
Heb.11:32 Samson – sex- Man of Faith
Heb.11:24 Moses – murder – Man of Faith
Heb.11:17 Abram – liar – Father of Nations
· God sees every flaw in men but treats them with respect and honour.
· Honour is your gift to people.
· When you honour people you unlock the gift that is within them.
Spouse – boss – child – leader
People in community
· “Honour all Men” 1 Peter 2:17
· Rom.12:10 “In honour preferring one another”
· Honour/respect gives access to relationship
· Dishonour/disrespect shuts down relationship
Mt.10:40 “He who receives you receives Me”
Receive person = receive reward of God
Receive = to embrace unconditionally
= unlocks what God has to give you.
· Receive people as a gift of God to you and you release what God has put in them for you.
· Receive = to welcome – be grateful for.
e.g. Receive Holy Spirit = receive person power God
Receive Jesus = receive access family God
= receive access to the Father
Jn. 1:12 “To as many as received Him gave
Lk.9:53 “Not receive Him = no power released.
· Offended and judgemental – Not Receive
· When judge others cannot receive from them.
· Rom.15:7 “Receive one another as Christ received”.
· Can live with a person and not honour or receive them.
Who do I need to honour/receive?
Who have I dishonoured and not received?