Training Your Heart to See (3)
9 October 2011
- Your spirit is praying (1 Cor.14:14)
- The language is given by the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4)
- You open a direct line of communication with the Holy Spirit
- You begin to build and develop your spirit (1 Cor.14:4)
2. The Holy Spirit wants to speak to you
- enters heart as pictures, words, thoughts, impressions.
3. Harnessing Your Imagination
- it is like a TV screen – neither good nor bad
- it is a sense you have been given for a purpose
- it enables you to create images, pictures within your mind
· Things of the past – both good and bad
· Things of the present – current situations, struggles and challenges
· Things of the future – projects, goals, fears.
· Everything that exists started in someone’s imagination – they “saw it”.
· E.g. Creation – started in God’s imagination first
Building – started in someone’s imagination
Sin – started in someone’s imagination then when they step back into physical world they bring the stain with them. Mt.5:27-28.
4. How to Train Your Imagination To “See”
Meditate =1897= to imagine – to repeat over and over the same picture.
= to ponder dwell on continually.
(i) Fasting – fast off images that dull senses.
(ii) Cleansing – present your mind and imagination to the Holy Spirit for cleansing
- break attraction, attachment to negative thoughts
- speak to old “thought trees” in your mind – curse the thing
(iii) Focus Attention –
(a) As when pray in tongues – picture who or what you are praying for
-and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal something about that situation
-look for spontaneous images/pictures
(b) As we go to sleep – focus on a word or person, take it to Jesus and ask
the Holy Spirit to reveal something during the night in a dream.
(iv) Meditate upon – practise meditations
(a) Word of God - 2 Tim.3:16-18
(b) Lord Himself – Ps.63:6 (His names) – Ps.23
(c) Works of God – Ps. 77:10-12/Heb.13:8
(d) Prophetic Words – 1 Tim. 4:14/1 Tim.1:18
(e) Things that are good – Phil.4:8
5 How to See into the Word of God
- Read it over and over until familiar
- Pray quietly in tongues – ask the Lord to speak to you
- Picture the story in your imagination – enter the story
- Look around - what do you see?
- What do you feel?
- What is happening?