9 January 2011
Let us come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and grace to help in time of need.
2. Sin has consequences that are Generational
Hosea 1:1 3
a) Hosea was called to live out prophetically the relationship between Israel and God.
Prostitute = person who trades body, talents, gifts for personal gain, money.
= promiscuous sexual intimacy, idolatry.
(i) Jezreel = place of deception and Jezebelic control.
(ii) Lo Ruhama = no mercy, harsh life, constant judgement.
(iii)Lo Ammi = Not my people, unable to enjoy identity and blessing of
being joined to Christ = rejection/orphan spirit.
b) In spite of Sin God promises Restoration God is a God who restores
Hosea 1:10 11 Restore to blessing and increase
to identity as child of God
to greatness and enlargement
c) God is willing to, and has paid the price for us to be set free
Hosea 3:1-3 Love a woman who is loved by a lover so I bought her.
3. Gods Promises of Restoration
a) vs.14 Fresh revelation/experience of Gods love and kindness
b) Renewing of Hopes and Dreams
- consequences, defeat in battle, men lost lives
- sin, holding back affects the people we love.
Hope = expectation of future, restored dreams
c) Renewing of Intimacy with God
v2:19 I will betroth you (3x)
4. What God Requires of Us Trust
Hosea 2:16 You will call me my husband not my Baal
· Control over finances, prosperity
· Source of sexual perversion
· Destroyed next general children
- Abortion Goth Vampire Cutting Piercing
· Source of witchcraft and occult
(ii) Wrong concepts of God as a taskmaster to be served
· Legalism serving as a slave, duty, doing what we have to.
· God wants us to abandon the substitutes we have traded with
to believe He is a loving, generous, abundant lover
to enter into new intimacy worship and love relationship
to believe the truth about Him and experience abundance.