16 February 2009
· Key theme: “Advance” = move forward; grow in rank or stature, progress towards a goal. Expansion of the supernatural and Holy Spirit work.
· 3 Major Areas to Focus on:
1) Supernatural = increase in the presence and power and activity of the Holy Spirit.
2) Souls = increase in connecting and releasing the unsaved, win them to Christ.
3) Sending = development and empowering of new leaders, release!
· Jeff Jansen: 5 fold ministry of Prophet – stopped by Holy Ghost – then gave a Word for Bay City.
Holy Spirit speaking to the Church - must hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church and us as individuals – Revelation 2:7
- Advancement happens when we respond to what the Holy Spirit is saying – place value and weight upon it. Have Holy Spirit led direction.
- 2007 - Charlie Robinson: Negative words had stolen things God planned = Action!
· Some things emphasized:
(1) The next 15 years will far surpass what happened in the last 15 years – a brand new cycle.
(2) What brought you this far won’t take you further – Change!
(3) Make room for the Glory of God; for emerging apostolic generation.
(4) Winds of Change – 6 months time (Feb.09) there will be a breaking out.
(5) Ps. Mike and Joy – repositioned into Apostolic Role.
a) The Church is transitioning from Pastoral to an Apostolic Church:
b) New Testament Transition from Jerusalem:
· Acts 6:1-7 - Growth of Christians in Jerusalem.
· Great move of the Spirit.
· Repositioning of the Apostles; focus on Word and Prayer.
· Limitations of this Church:
ii) Self reverenced – focus on Jerusalem
iii) Ended in lack and dependency- Acts 11:22-30
iv) Failed to fulfill – Acts 1:8
· Focus of the New Testament Apostolic is moved to Antioch.
c) Church in Antioch:
· Acts 13:1-4 - Emergence of the Antioch Church.
· Genuinely inclusive church with the focus on intentional mission.
· Genuine multicultural church.
Acts 13:1-4 - “new in the Church that was in Antioch”
· All manner of backgrounds, ages, traditions.
· Greeks, Jews, idol worshippers, slaves, criminals, wealthy.
· All classes of society; Greeks, Syrians, Africans, Jews.
· Leadership team was diverse, multicultural
· Focus on team not individual ministry
· Barnabas – from Jerusalem, teacher, prophetic, encourage
· Simeon – “black” (African) – positioned Simon of Cyrene
· Lucius of Cyrene – gentile, prophetic, - name = ‘light’=’
· Manaen – name = comforter – well educated, professional.
· Saul –Greek Jew from Tarsus – trained and educated.
Governing Eldership Team:
· The Local Church must be “set in order” – formation eldership
· Acts 14:23 – Titus 1:5 - Ordain Elders.
· Key elders of Antioch made up a team that imparted
· apostolic anointing and released people to ministry.
Fasting and Prayer:
· Apostolic Church – fast and pray.
· Key characteristics – strong militant, fervent prayer.
· Prayer births people into ministry assignments.
· Strong Spiritual Atmosphere.
· High priority given to the Holy Spirit as the Supreme Leader.
(5) People Commissioned to Advance the Kingdom:
· The Church is an Equipping Base.
· “Separate” = to mark out from others to issue spiritual boundaries.
Apostolic Church sends people to pioneer.
· People are empowered to invade and change community.
· People returned to the home base again.
(6) Breakthrough Believers Raised Up:
· People mature and emerge capable of impacting communities
Acts 11:26 - Disciples was called Christians in Antioch.
· Christians = Anointed Ones = moved in the supernatural.
· Apostolic people break out of religious limitations.