3 August 2008
· Matthew 9:35,36 - Jesus moved with compassion for great multitudes – heart for the lost, compassion.
- Unsaved people are like sheep without a shepherd, vulnerable and lost.
- Jesus identified the greatest need – laborers – apostolic people.
- Greatest need – people to continue the work of Jesus.
· Matthew 28;19 - The great Commission – a global and local mandate.
· Go! – Commission – task or order committed to someone.
· Go! - Commission – a mandate – an entrustment.
2. We have an Entrustment:
· 1 Thessalonians 2:4 - “we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Gospel.
· Entrust = to invest a person with a responsibility.
- to commit to someone’s care to carry out an assignment, to care for it.
- to believe in and rely on someone to fulfill a responsibility put into their care, position, give to someone else.
· We are entrusted with the Gospel, every believer.
· We are entrusted with the future of this generation and the next.
· God entrusted the community and nation to us.
· God has assigned us a metron to invade and change.
· Believers are being stirred afresh to invade and change.
· Apostolic church/reformation => release believers to advance the Kingdom in every area of society, to push back demonic power and invade the atmosphere.
· Go and let them know there’s a God in heaven that loves them and cares.
· God called us to make a difference.
3. We have a Message – The Gospel:
· What have you done with Jesus Christ?
· Romans 1:16 - “I am not ashamed of the Gospel – it is the Power of God to salvation to everyone that believes”.
- The Gospel is the only answer to mans deepest need.
- God wants us to be unashamed.
· Luke 4:18 - “The Spirit of the Lord has anointed me”.
- Preach the Gospel - reconcile man to God.
- Heal the brokenhearted – restore broken relationships.
- Deliverance to captives – release from bondage, torment from demons, free from addictions.
- Recovery of sight – impart of vision / healing.
- Set out liberty that’s crushed – release from limitations.
- Proclaim acceptable year – empower people to fulfill purpose.
· The anointing given to us is to do the same work.
· The Gospel – starts with reconciliation – ends with man having dominion and to advance the Kingdom.
· The only remedy for sin is Jesus Christ. It is not too hard, nothing is too hard.
· Matthew 28:19 - “Go make disciples of every nation – teaching to observe”.
· The core mission of the Church is disciple making.
· Acts 11:26 - Disciples were called Christians 1st in Antioch.
- Christian = follower of Christ – the Anointed.
A term only used once in the Bible, unsaved
Term used everywhere else = disciple.
- Disciple = person who learns, follows in footsteps and lifestyle of another.
- John 8:31 - Disciple applies teaching of Jesus into daily life.
- John 15:8 - Disciple displays the character of the one they follow.
- Antioch = Centre of Advance of the Gospel (Acts 13:1)
- Apostolic Church – multicultural, nations together.
- Embraced different cultures.
- Team ministry – no superstars.
- Equipping believers – gathered and trained to go out.
- Sending Church – apostolic sending to the market place.
- Ordinary believers and Apostolic teams that:
* Invade cultures.
* Releasing the power of God.
* Occupying areas of society.
What a great entrustment we have!
Two things to do: 1) Believers to become disciples.
2) To make disciples.