3 February 08
· Isaiah 54:1-5
· God desires to speak and empower us.
· Matthew 4:4 - “Man shall live by every word proceeding out of the mouth of God”
· ‘Proceeding’ = fresh, ongoing Word of God.
· Luke 1:37 - No rhema of God is without Power to fulfill itself.
· Isaiah 54:1 - sing - break forth into singing.
· ‘Sing’ = to shout for joy or rejoice.
· Psalm 22:3-5 - “You are holy…enthroned in praises”.
· ‘Worship’ = worship and enthrone God in praise in order to release supernatural provision.
· Praise = “Pathway into God’s presence” = celebrate, glory, boast.
· God enters the environment of praise.
· ‘Inhabit’ = sit down, dwell, take top residence, marry.
· ‘Trusted and not ashamed’ - extend borders of territory, expand capacity.
2. Keys 2008:
· Extend and Enlarge from current capacity.
· Stretch out = extend beyond current limits by exerting persistent force.
- Growth is not automatic.
- Growth requires commitment.
- Growth can be uncomfortable.
· Tend to want to stay in comfort zone.
· Requires effort, force and determination.
· Mark 3:5 - Man with the withered hand – “…Arise, stretch out…”
- we want to conceal our faults.
· Grow: Input and action – best in community.
· Supernatural flows when stood up and stretch out against limits.
· Will better performance and commitment.
· Growth = set goal.
= have a plan.
= stick with the plan.
= become accountable.
· 2 Peter 3:18 - “Grow in grace and knowledge”.
· Miracles will happen when you apply effort.
· Don’t hold back = Do not spare = with hold, refrain from giving, keep back.
· Focus your life = Focus = to concentrate attention and activities, converge to one point.
· Eliminate things not fruitful, productive.
· Biggest factor in failure = “broken focus”; ‘Success = “unbroken focus”.
· Destruction = something that divides attitudes and prevents concentration, turn away from original form of attitudes.
· Philippians 3:13-14 - “This one thing I do…” = total focus in life on fulfilling God’s purpose. Do what God called you to do.
· Starter or Finisher? - Finisher = issue is focus! Clarity not fuzzy.
· Clarify big picture – where going. Break it down into steps. Eliminate distractions – verse 5
· Matthew 22:37 - “Love the Lord your God with all your heart … neighbour as self”
· Focus on what to do best.
· Key areas: finances; relationships – reach out; spiritual; serving ministry; work/business; personal development (health, church, ?,); marriage/ family.
3) Strengthen Self in the Lord:
· Verse 2b - “lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes”.
· Strengthen = increase in power, ability, capacity to endure, capacity to wage war.
- How respond to pressure, difficulties?
- Where born? Offended? Culture? ???
- Inner-strengths – are you a quitter?
· Ephesians 3:16 - “Strengthened with might through spiritual inner-man”.
- Strengthening is activity of the Holy Spirit.
· 1 Samuel 30:6 - David strengthened himself in the Lord.
- Inwards opposition, conflict, turmoil – he stood strong.
- Strengthen himself – he knew what to do to increase
- Don’t wait till a crisis – developed habits.
· Strength develops through prayer and exercise.
· Develop strong devotional life:
- Prayer and fasting - Meditate on the Word daily.
4) Advance the Kingdom:
· Psalm 2:8 - “…I will make the nations you inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession”.
· Expand the Kingdom of God - Expand = increase, grow, burst out.
· 2 Corinthians 5:20 - “All believers are ambassadors of the Kingdom”.
· Don’t divide your life up – called to penetrate/impact.
· 7 Killers - arts-entertainment / business-finance / government / education / media / religion / family.
· Find creative ideas to bless people / community. Authentic relationships – our purpose.
· Prayer to breakthrough rendered to gospel.
· Acts 5:29 - “Grant servants boldness to speak” – pray for boldness and opportunity.
· Flow of the Holy Spirit brings ideas / prophetic.
· Reach out to friends, relatives.
· Key: 1) Ask 2) Pray 3) Initiate 4) Persevere
5) Break through Limitations:
· Limitations - a weakness that restrict.
- lack of capacity.
- something that confines your potential.
· Key issues: * Fear * Intimidation * Shame * Reproach
· 2 Timothy 1:6 - “…fan into the flame of God, which is in you….”
· Fear shuts down gifts, what you have to contribute.
· Shame removes boldness, shuts down identity.
· You can never become who you called to be or do what you’re called to do if you allow fear/shame to rule.
· Fear = message – ‘What if I fail?’
· Shame = message – ‘Who do you think you are?’
· Confront inner limitations, beliefs and mindsets.
· Don’t settle – take on fresh challenges.
· Don’t live with limitations – take strategy to break through.
· What is holding you back? “Name it – face it – strategy to beat it”.
· Mark 9:23 - “All things are possible to him that believes”.
6) Fresh Intimacy:
· God loves us, have fresh intimacy with the Lord of Hosts. He’s the Lord of armies. Feel near to Him, close to Him.
· Intimacy = closeness, exchange your heart, belonging together.
= sustains intention e.g. joyful, releases anointing and power.
· Intimacy = fresh encounter with the heart of God, fresh sharing and hearing.
· John 12:3-8 - Mary’s extravagant relationship – one focus in life, knowing and pleasing. Priority / Purity / Passion.
· Intimacy is cultivated by fresh experience, sacrifice and giving.
· Psalm 27:4 - “…..one thing…..”
· Intimacy release energy and ideas.
· The pathway to a fruitful life = expose your heart and feelings. Learn to have words for the feelings in your heart. Speak it out to God.