Our Mandate – The Nations
27 July 2008
· God has nations in His heart – Big Vision – Big Heart – Big Ambitions – lift you vision.
· Matthew 28:18,19 - “go therefore and teach all nations” - multitudes of people.
· Nations = ethnos = multitude living together in similar culture, language, race. Ethnic groups, wherever they live around us.
· Teach = metheeteno = to make disciples, make followers of Christ, the lifestyle of Kingdom, not just to connect to them. Find a way to make them welcome, to connect to their heart.
· Disciple = are those who embraces and follows the teachings, principles and lifestyle of another.
· People think of the Great Commission in terms of personal evangelism, personal salvation. If not you’ll miss the call. We were made for bigger things.
· God thinks in terms of nations, cities, communities to be transformed.
· Nations embracing the principles and life of the Kingdom of God.
· Christians think in terms of personal blessing reward by faith.
· God thinks in terms of communities blessed by living faith in Christ. E.g. Genesis 12:2-3
· Everyone is called to make a difference. Don’t be ashamed of the Gospel.
2. God has a Global Vision – So must we!
· Numbers 14:21 - “all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord”.
· God’s intention for his people – to conquer the land, enhance the kingdom. God revealed His plan is Global – His glory filling the earth.
· Glory = the nature, presence, person of God manifested tangibly.
· Isaiah 40:5 - “The glory of the Lord shall be revealed – all flesh shall see it”.
· God’s heart is global – all peoples, all nations, all ethnic groups.
· Habakkuk 2:14 - “all the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord”.
· God’s plan is not hidden, He wants all to see and experience it.
· Psalm 86:9 - “all the nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you Oh Lord”.
· Isaiah 6:2 - “the whole earth is full of His glory”.
- the angels declared God’s intent – glory revealed.
- God always does this through people – He sends someone.
- Apostolic = sent, commissioned, assignment to break open.
- Isaiah heard the heart of God - whom shall we send?
· The Church Jesus is building – greatest influence outside the walls.
- raise up and filled with the glory of the Lord.
- The Glory will manifest and change people’s lives.
- God will raise up people to raise nations.
· People complained about the process and try to find a way to get at the end of the journey.
- we are in our season of preparation, don’t loose heart, complain or give up.
- Numbers 13 - ‘just can’t do it’ - Israel & Moses
· Will you believe? Our God is with us, we can do it, we can change a culture/community.
· God’s heart is always nations. It is not up to the government to change a nation but to people’s personal response to Jesus Christ.
3. Jesus was First to Manifest God’
· John 2:11 - The beginning of signs Jesus did … and manifested His glory.
· When the supernatural nature and power of God is revealed – His Glory is revealed.
· God manifest His glory through His Son Jesus.
· Miracles, signs and wonders => demonstration of His Glory.
· Miracles and deliverance – Why not through You? Any person with passion can do it.
· Jesus came to announce the new era in world history.
· John 17 – “Glory given to us’. Wherever you go you can reach people. God will give you the keys. Ask Him, He will show you.
· Kingdom: 1) Personal relationship with the Father.
2) Dominion – personal and sphere influence.
3) Ambassador – representing natural and glory of the Father.
· Jesus constantly confronted the limiting mindsets of the Jews.
- Jews focus on personal salvation; Jews God’s people.
- Neglected to recognize the call to nation.
- Luke 4:28-30 - When Jesus revealed the heart of God for nations they reacted.
- God’s plan – the church called to a Great Commission.
· Psalm 67:1-2 - ‘God be merciful to us’ => personal grace empowered.
‘That many know on earth’ => Church go forth to nations.
· The Church was began by Jesus Christ to fulfill purpose.
- Church activities are mostly housekeeping/family stuff.
- The Church’s’ real business is to train and release people to advance the Kingdom and change community, city and nation.
- We advance the kingdom personally and corporately.
- Every believer is called to advance the Kingdom.
· Ministry = What you do to bring your personal life and metron (sphere of influence) under Kingdom rule.
· John 17:15 - Jesus doesn’t want us to withdraw from the world. When believers withdraw – mission fails.
· Luke 19:15 - Believers were called to occupy – do business until the Lord’s return. The Lord will not come until the mandate fulfilled.
· Disciple nations => impact culture, education, government, business.
· Why the Holy Spirit was given to us = mission, health, media, arts, family etc.
· Isaiah 2:2 - Last days - Church lifted up - all nations.
Believers must be present and engaged and must be committed to bring forth Kingdom life.