07 January 2007
Luke 2:7 - “There was no room for Him in the Inn”
· Most important event in history – people unaware – other priorities - ‘no room’.
· God who created the whole world to save man – ‘No room’ for him.
· What room are you making in your life for relationship with God?
· Sin separates us from God – Life preoccupies us with its demands.
2 Kings 4:8-10 - “I perceive – let us make room for him”.
· Woman perceived – saw beyond natural.
· Perceived = 3045 = Yada = to be intimate with, know by experience.
· Constructed = 2388 = to press, place demand on, take hold of, conquer.
· There was a strong desire that caused her to place demand on God.
· She revealed her life/house to make it possible for God to move.
· The woman had perception, desire, commitment – she knew what she wanted.
· What will you do to make room for God?
i) Make Relationship with Jesus your First Priority:
· John 3:16 - “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son”.
· God loves people – values people – made us unique …created us for purpose.
· Whatever you were born to do God assigned a season to do it – your life.
· For you to discover your purpose and to fulfill that purpose you must be connected to God.
· Believe = to entrust your life to Christ.
Example: Mary and Martha
· Luke 10:39-42 - “One thing is needful”
· Pressures and demands of life can take our eyes of our priorities.
· Martha became isolated and resentful.
· “One thing is needful” = 5532 = Absolute necessity for life.
· Choice to make room in life for relationship/hearing the voice of God.
ii) Develop Clear Faith Goals:
· Proverbs 29:18 - “where there is no vision the people perish”.
· Vision = 2377 = sight, prophetic revelation, unfolding of God’s purpose.
· The poorest person in the world is a person without a dream, vision.
· Most people have ‘myopia’ – short sight – can only see immediate circumstances.
· Without a vision for the future life has little meaning – opportunities missed.
· Vision must be translated to steps – clear goals that stretch.
· Faith Goal = 1) Birthed in prayer, 2) Specific action, 3) Stretches
· Nehemiah 2:17-18 - “..let us arise and build!”
· Nehemiah had a vision – and formulated specific steps to accomplish it.
· What Nehemiah did lived on after he had died – had significance.
· What goal setting have you got for 2007? What will live on after you have gone?
iii) Speak Life Giving Words:
· Proverbs 18:21 - “Death and life in the power of the tongue!”
· Your tongue has power – creative power to bring things into being.
· “Death” = robs hope, dreams, limits and damages potential.
· “Life” = nurtures and impress hope, dream, possibilities.
· Learn to speak words that impart life, encouragement, appreciation.
· Hebrews 10:23 - “Let us hold fast the confession of our faith”.
· Confession = homologio = to speak the same as.
· Numbers 13:30 - “Let us go at once and possess it for we are able”.
iv) Cultivate Vital Relationships:
· Proverbs 27:17 - “As iron sharpens iron , so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend”.
· Everyone needs relationships – not all relationships are vital/healthy.
· When you act on vision you will stir up those who
(1) Help you
(2) Hinder you
· You tend to become like the people you share your life with.
· Influence can be subtle or very powerful to help or hinder.
· Relationships with godly people increase the influence of God upon your life.
Example: Paul and Barnabas
· Acts 9:26-28 - Barnabas took him and brought him to the Apostles.
· Barnabas the door for connection – enlargement – release.
v) Step Out of Your Comfort Zone:
· Proverbs 29:25 - “The fear of man brings a snare – who so trust in the Lord will be safe”.
· Fear will limit your potential, shut down your gifts, quench your uniqueness.
· Fear of conflict, failure, rejection can overwhelm and paralyze.
· Must choose – face your fear and step out.
· Matthew 14:28-29 - “Lord if it be you bid me to come”
· Comfort zone – safe, secure – but no challenges, no enlargement.
· Take a risk – based upon dreams and goals.
vi) Pursue Personal Breakthrough:
· Proverbs 15:32 - “He that refuse correction despises his own soul”.
· Feedback in blind-spots of life can be painful but necessary.
Example: Bartimaeus, the blind beggar
· Mark 10:49-52 - “He casting away his garment – rose and came to Jesus”.
· Some things hold us to past – face it don’t deny it; then cast them away.