Democracy or Kingdom
1 July 2007
· The way we view or see something determines how we relate to it.
· We are raised in a democracy but born again into the Kingdom.
· Kingdom - The Massage of the Bible
· Matthew 4:17 - Jesus began to preach saying: “Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand”.
· Luke 9:2 - Jesus sent them to preach the Kingdom of God ant to heal the sick.
· Acts 28:31 - “Paul… preaching the Kingdom of God and teaching those things which concern the Lord”.
· Kingdom - Jesus priority for us.
· Matthew 6:33 - “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things….”
· Kingdom = Government or Rule of a King.
· Righteousness = Right positioning and relationship with the King to qualify for privileges
· The Core of the kingdom is the King who fills it with His presence, character and authority.
2. Government is God’s Idea:
· Definition: - To govern is to steer, pilot, act as a rudder (Greek)
- Authority and power to rule over and give direction to a territory and its people.
· Kingdom = 1st form of Government.
- Genesis 1:26 - “let us make man in our own image according to our likeness, let them have dominion”.
- Psalm 8:5-6 - “You have made him to have dominion over all the works of your hands”.
- Man was created to extent the Government of God from the realm of heaven into the earth.
- Heaven is filled with presence, character and authority of the God.
- Man was called to extend the Kingdom of Heaven to earth by representing His character, nature of God.
· The result of Independence = Chaos
- Luke 4:5-6 - “All this authority …. For this has delivered to me”.
- When Adam and Eve declared independence from God:
i) They Refused the Government of God. ii) Established Self-Government
- The result was that control of earth passed temporarily to demonic usurper.
- Ephesians 2:1-2 - The course of this world – the spirit that works.
· Consequences of the Fall:
i) Demonic chaos
ii) Loss of relationship entrance of religion
iii) Loss of the Kingdom – entrance of other forms of government
Example: Human is by vote or by violence.
· Feudalism – landlords – one who owns the land owns and governs all.
· Dictatorship – one person –n superior by birth or force rules all.
· Communism – Government controls land and people and governs for the people.
· Socialism – King is replaced by State governing for the people.
· Democracy – Government of the people by the peoples elected representative.
3. Differences between a Democracy and The Kingdom of God:
· We live in a Democracy that represents a Kingdom.
· Philippians 3:20 - “For our citizenship is in heaven”
· Citizenship = “Native or Naturalized member of a State who owns his allegiance to its Government and is entitled to its protection and privileges”.