1. God is full of Compassion:
· Psalm 145:8 Lord is gracious and full of compassion
· Exodus 33:9 - Glory Goodness Compassion = the nature of God.
2. Jesus was moved by Compassion:
Matthew 9:36-38 - Multitudes, harvest/labour. Jesus had compassion for people.
Luke 15:20 - Prodigal/lost son the father moved with compassion.
· Compassion comes out of Encounter.
3. How can I Grow in Compassion:
3.1 Key 1 Draw near to God (James 4:8)
· Need a fresh experience within the Presence and Glory of God.
· Cant live in yesterday dry, without, barren.
· Hunger for the Presence of God.
· Read the Word of God fill self. Psalm 119:97 meditate
· Respond with your mind, meditate. Psalm 77:10-12
· Remember the times God touched your life. Psalm 63:6
· Rest/search in the Presence of God. Exodus 33:19 Joshua
3.2 Key 2 Repentance over sin (James 4:8)
e.g. bitterness, control, TV, business, envy, sin etc
3.3 Key 3 Allow the Spirit of God to Change you
4. What can you do?
4.1 Connect with people John 22 Jesus, disciples fishing food.
4.2 Concern for people Mark 16:7 Tell Peter.
4.3 Care for people practical kindness give self. 1 John 3:17