– Gate to the Supernatural
- Revelation 4:1. “I looked and
behold a door was opened in heaven…”
- Open door = fresh opportunity to
experience new things in God.
= new spiritual season – need to recognize this. (1 Chronicles 12:32)
- Prophetic word to church of gate/door
opened in the spirit – also opposition
- When doors/windows of heaven open there
is a release of the Holy Spirit.
- Can be in the midst of a fresh move of the
Holy Spirit and not see it.
- 2 Kings 6:16. Lord open his eyes
that he may see… and the Lord opened the eyes of the young men and he saw.
- Must stir up faith for revelation –
ability to see!
2. The church is built upon revelation
Matthew 16:17-19. Flesh and blood
has not revealed it to you but my Father.
(a) Revealed = 601 = to take the cover off, uncover
what has been concealed to
to disclose something that was there but unknown
- Revelation is the foundation to a relationship
- Revelation is not the same as knowledge –
can “know about” someone – not ‘know’
- Revelation is the foundation God builds
- Revelation empowers us to have authority
to prevail over demonic attack.
- Revelation activates release of the supernatural
(b) You can’t live off someone else’s
Jude 2:10. “There arose another
generation after them which knew not the Lord…”
- 2nd generation must have there
- Without revelation the next generation
“consumes their spiritual capital”
- They experience benefits off the previous
generations experience but don’t go any further
- vs12. “They followed the other
gods of the people around them”
- Without fresh revelation the church is overwhelmed
by culture of the world.
- vs14. Without revelation the
church falls into spiritual bondage – religious
(c) Receiving Revelation is for every believer.
John 5:20. The Father loves the
Son and shows him all things He is doing
- Jesus modelled the life of a believer –
receiving revelation is normal.
- Acts 2:17-18. In the last days I
will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh
= prophecy + vision + dreams
- Promise of the word of God – supernatural
revelation to all
- Christianity without the supernatural
realm of God lacks impact
- Holy Spirit is given to reveal and to
empower for missions.
3. Things that revelation releases is a Believer.
(i) Revelation releases destiny
Isaiah 6:8. “Here am I send me…”
- Isaiah received revelation…encountered
the glory of God.
- Revelation activated his call as a
prophet – destiny unfolded
- Compare Paul Gal 2:2. I went up
- Need to know who we are and what we are
called to do = Revelation.
(ii) Revelation releases Spiritual Life and Energy.
Matt 4:4. “Man shall not live by
bread alone but by every word…”
- Proceeding word = Rhema = revelation to
us – God speaks.
- Revelation imparts Life – become
energized body, soul and spirit.
- Proverbs 7:22. A Merry heart
does good like medicine – broken spirit, dries bones
- Word of God releases life and joy into
us. (Jeremiah 15:16)
(iii) Revelation entitles us to Receive
1 Corinthians 2:12. “…received the
Spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to
us by God.”
- God is a Father – delights to bless,
insight – how plans form
- Holy Spirit reveals – makes known what
God wants us to have
- Know = 1492 = to perceive, see with the
- If you see it then you can have
it. Genesis 13:15
(iv) Revelation releases miracles – the supernatural
Galatians 3:5. He that works
miracles ... by the hearing of faith.
- Miracles = supernatural provision of God
– healing, deliverance, finance, salvation
- Key for release of miracles is revelation
– “hearing of faith”
- Acts 14:9-10. Paul – perceiving
he had faith to be healed – said…”
- Paul received revelation before the
(vi) Revelation received accelerates Personal change
2 Corinthians 3:18. “Beholding as
in a glass the glory of the Lord are changed”
- Revelation of Christ is a catalyst for
- Job 42:5. I have heard of you …
but now my eyes see.
- 2 Peter 1:2. Grace and peace be
multiplied to you through the knowledge of God
- Revelation knowledge = 1922 = precise
- Grace = favour, divine empowerment to win
- Peace = prosperity, free from under
conflict and turmoil
4. We must Position Ourselves to receive Revelation.
- Exodus 3:3-4. “I will turn aside
… and when the Lord saw he turned aside to see, the Lord called unto him”
- Genesis 28:11-12. “And he
lighted upon a certain place – geographic location.
- Revelation 1:10. “I was in the
spirit on the Lords day and heard”
- Psalm 95:6-7. Worship presses in
to encounter God.