· Matthew 15:19 “I will build my Church . . .gates of hell shall not prevail”
· Jesus lived for a mission – to seek and save that which is lost.
· “I will build my Church” => The Church belongs to Jesus
=> He is building to fulfill His purpose
=> There is a conflict over this purpose
=> He will empower believers to prevail – to win
· Every Church/every believer is called to partner with God in His Mission.
2. If you Saw – expect a Harvest:
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 “He that sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully”
· God calls money a seed.
· Giving to God is sowing a seed.
· God cannot increase what you haven’t sawn.
· God expects us to give out of a grateful heart not out of duty.
· Giving, positions us to expect a harvest – an increase.
· Reward of sawing (v10)
(i) God’s provision released
(ii) Multiplication and increase
(iii) Abundance in life (v11)
E.g. Proverbs 21:13 Answered prayer
Proverbs 22:9 Blessing
Proverbs 28:27 No lack
Philippians 4:19 Needs met
3. There is a contention Over your Harvest:
John 10:10 “Thief comes not but to steal, kill and destroy”
· Demonic spirits are intent upon destroying our harvest.
· There is a contention over the harvest of $ and a harvest of souls.
· World harvest of souls requires release of financial recourses of Ministering.
· God is positioning people for transfer of wealth to engage world missions.
· “There is a contention” - a fight against unseen spiritual forces
- The prize = the Harvest!
· Judges 6:3-6 “When Israel had sown . . . enemy encamped against them”
Strategies: (1) Serge / Famine - 1 Samuel 11:1 / Genesis 26 :1,12
(2) Control - Exodus 10:8-11 / 10:24-26
(3) Ungodly alliances - 2 Chronicles 20:35-37
(4) Excessive debt - Proverbs 22:7
(5) Greed - 2 Kings 5:20
· Jesus decreed the Church he is building is a prevailing church.
· Prevail => not dept or circumstances or feelings - - supernatural empowered by God.
· 1 John 5:4 “Whatever is born of God overcomes the world”
This is our victory that even overcomes our faith.
· Overcome = Nikao (Nike) = to prevail, get the victory, conquer.
4. Develop a Mindset of Faith:
Hebrews 12:1-2 “looking to Jesus … who for joy set before him endured the cross”.
· Jesus moved by faith – vision/promise of the future not by sacrifice.
· Men with faith and vision do what is needed to win.
· Too often Christians focus on cost, sacrifice instead of faith.
Mindset of Faith Mindset of Sacrifice/Cost
(1) Focus on God – Hearing. Focus on me – doing.
(2) Focus on Promise. Focus on my commitment.
(3) Focus on God’s faithfulness. Focus on my effort.
(4) Fulfilling my Purpose. Fulfilling my duty/responsibility.
(5) Pressure in Word of God. Pressure on me to perform.
(Romans 4:17 - Confess)
(6) Fight for Manifestation of Promise. Frustration over delays/Setback.
(Isaiah 54:17 - Decrees)
· Expect a harvest on what you have done.
· Contend for that harvest with prayer – confession – decrees.