Luke 10:1 “The Lord appointed 70 also and sent them out . . . every city and place”
· These men were not Apostles – they were apostolic – penetrate new ground.
· Sent = apostello = apostolic commission.
· The Last days message to the Church is apostolic – penetrate world – every city, every place.
· Appointed = to upgrade, to lift to a different level of function, ability.
· How did they get upgraded? (1) Word of God revelation.
(2) Impartation of the anointing.
· 21st Century move of the holy Spirit (1) Word of God revelation
(2) Impartation of fresh anointing.
· Parables – Matthew 24-25 – Parables of the Kingdom.
2. Let Your Light Shine:
Matthew 25:1-13 Parable of the 5 Wise and 5 Foolish Virgins.
(a) What is this parable about?
· “Then” => at the end of the age.
· “Kingdom” – parable concerning the Kingdom (Rule) of God.
· This is a parable, a story with a message concerning the conduct of God’s people.
· The story also contains a clear warning to believers.
(b) Who are the Virgins?
· (v2) There were 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins.
· Virgins = a person is unmarried, one who kept himself/herself from idolatry and uncleanness.
· 2 Corinthians 11:2 “I have espoused you to Christ – may present you as a chaste virgin.
· Espoused = to join together. 1 Corinthians 6:17
· The 10 virgins are believers – people who have made a personal response to Jesus.
· Wise = thoughtful about their personal interests and future.
· The actions of the virgins determined / revealed whether wise or foolish.
· Foolish = moros = dull, unresponsive, stupid.
(c) What are the Lamps?
· Proverbs 20:27 The Spirit of man is the Lamp of the Lord.
· The human spirit is like a lamp –can be ignited with the life of God.
· Psalm 18:28 You will lighten my lamp – you will lighten my darkness.
· A Person without Christ in their life is in spiritual darkness.
· Their spirit functions but is cut off from the Life of God.
· Receiving Christ => Fire from Heaven =. Spirit of man is ignited.
e.g. Countenance of Ugandan Orphans.
(d) What does it mean – “Light Shine”?
1) Personal stand for Truth John 5:35 = “bright and shining light”
2) Bold and Unashamed before man Matthew 5:14-16 = “let light so shine before men”
3) Distinctive Godly Actions Matthew 5:16 = “good works”
3. You need the Life of the Spirit of God:
a) How does a Lamp function?
· Lamp contained a wick which went down into the container of oil and soaked it up.
· Lamp burned the oil flowing through the wick.
· John 7:38 Out of your innermost being flow rivers of running water – Holy Spirit.
b) What is the Oil?
· Oil = Holy Spirit => The Anointing or Empowering of the Holy Spirit in believers.
· Exodus 30:25 – Holy anointing Oil.
· Hebrews 1:9 - Anointed with oil of gladness.
· Mark 6:13 - Anointed with oil and healed.
· 1 Corinthians 12:7 - To every believer is given the supernatural manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
· All believers are responsible
(i) To trim lamp => deal with areas of life that defiled.
(ii) To keep lamp full => to maintain the life flow of the Holy Spirit.
4. How to Increase the Anointing in Life?
· Matthew 25:8-9 Give us of your oil! – No – Go to those that sell and buy.
· Parable seems to be very unkind! – not Christian.
a) Why do we have to buy?
· V8 – The virgins request – “Give us of your oil”
· Give => to impart to someone, free of any personal cost.
· Buy => to trade, give something in exchange, and pay a personal price.
· There is a personal cost to having an abundance of life of the Holy Spirit.
· No one can pay the price for you! Proverbs 21:20 – “in the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil” (NIV)
b) Who are those who sell?
· Those that sell are those in a position of fullness able so supply.
· Supplier of oil: (i) God Himself – John 14:26
(ii) 5-Fold ministry – Ephesians 4:7-12 / Acts 4:33
· The 5-Fold Ministries are grace gifts to the Body of Christ => impart grace.
· Apostolic imparts grace to empower the Church outward to fulfill command.
c) How do you buy the oil?
· Must pay the price – costs you something.
(i) Time in the Presence of God Hebrew 4:16 - boldly to the throne of grace.
(ii) Intimacy with God 2 Peter 1:2 - grace, multiplied through
(iii) Surrender to the Purpose John 4:32:34
of God 1 Peter 5:5
(iv) Partnership with 5-Fold Philippians 4:7 - partition of my grace.
1 Corinthians 15:10 - am what I am by grace.
(v) Impartation from 5-Fold Acts 8:17 - laid hands.
Romans 1:11 - impart some spiritual gifts.
· Those that were ready => entered.
· Those that were not => door of opportunity closed – never knew (no intimate relationship)
· Watch – Pray.