Romans 12:1. “Present your bodies
as a living sacrifice holy, acceptable unto God which is your reasonable
- You have only one life to live – your actions
have eternal consequences.
- Daily choice who will you live for – what
you will live for.
- “Present your bodies” = position yourself
so God can work through you.
- Position = The way something is placed,
its rank or status,
- “Reasonable service” = logical not of
public worship or public service.
- God has a purpose for us individually and
corporately and has positioned us to serve Him.
- Your choice - your decision to position
yourself for God to work through you.
2. How God has Positioned Us.
- John 19:21. “It is finished”
- Finished = to fully accomplish, discharge
of debt, end, complete.
- At the cross Jesus fully represented man
– completed the work of salvation.
- A legal transaction occurred – He
positioned us to receive Salvation (Col 2:14-15)
- Salvation = Sozo (Greek) to save, rescue,
deliver, heal, prosper
- We must position our self to receive:
“Repent and believe”
- Gods purpose is much more than just
serving us – position us to act on His behalf as ambassadors to advance
E.g. (1) Positioned as Children of
God. (John 1:12)
(2) Positioned as Kings in His Kingdom. (Ephesians 1:22-23)
- 1 Peter 2:9. “You are a chosen
generation, a royal priesthood”
Royal = Kingly in nature, of a royal line, family of a king.
- Revelation 5:10. “You have made
us unto our God Kings and priests and we shall reign on earth”.
- He has redeemed His kings and restored
- We are called to represent Him in the
earth and advance the kingdom
- We are positioned as winners in every
sphere of life.
3. How to Position Yourself
2 Chronicles 34 Josiah
- OT Kings were positioned by God for a
- You are a king – positioned by God for a
- Most OT Kings walked in their own ways –
did what they wanted
- Josiah – “One whom God
Born in a time of national corruption
Positioned by God as a king – positioned to Act
Positioned himself for that Purpose
4. How we can position ourselves for Gods Purpose
(i) Identify with Jesus Christ
- “Walked in ways of David his father” (vs2)
- David – not his real father – prophetic
of Jesus Christ
- Receive Christ – Water Baptised – connect
with local church
(ii) Align Life with the word of God
- “Walked in the ways”. (vs2)
- Obedience to the Word of God – positions
you for Him
- He searched out David’s lifestyle and
- Make the Word of God central to
(iii) Be consistent in small things.
- “did not turn to right hand or the
- Perseverance and consistency develop
character and position
- It’s the small things that count. (Luke
‘eye seen’ = pleasing to man
(iv) Pursue the Presence of God
- “begin to seek after the God of David his
- Prayer and fasting positions you to
- Cultivate a hunger and awareness of the
presence of God
(vi) Embrace Gods Current Prophetic Revelation
- Jeremiah 1:2. “The word of the
Lord came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon in the 13th
year of his reign”.
- Jeremiah and Zephaniah both were prophets
at the time of Josiah
- There came a word for their day – fresh
- God is speaking to the church today –
Advance the Kingdom!
E.g. Luther, Baptists, Pentecost, 1948, Charismatic, Toronto/Pensacola
- Don’t live out of the old church mindsets
– what’s God saying NEW?
(v) Tear Down Idols in your Imagination (Cleansing)
- “began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from
the high places (vs3)
- Josiah confronted the idols in his
culture that defiled the nation
- TV, media – culture of lust, violence,
- Images, mindsets, Past hurts and trauma,
abuse – images in mind
- Bring to light for cleansing with the
Blood and word of God
(vii) Passionately Embrace Gods Purpose for
your Life. (Focussed, Serving)
- I Kings 13:2 – God foretold his destiny 300 years before prophetically
- Listen to God – focus your life on the things
he has called you to do.
- Arise and assert Christ’s dominion in the
area He calls you.
- What is your sphere of influence?