- Biblical Blessing = Words that carry
spiritual life and power to bring fulfilment of Gods Word.
- Gen 49:22-26. The Joseph Blessing = Identity
- Who Joseph is: - to increase, grow,
· By Well
- prophetic anointing, flow of supernatural.
· Branches run over the well - Advancing the
kingdom – not
· Gods personal words to us - also is part of the
DNA of the church.
2. Josephs Assignment
Gen 45:5, 7. God sent me before you to preserve
you posterity in the earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
- God chose Joseph for an assignment – a
purpose, place, work to do.
- God choose individuals and churches and
gives them an assignment
- People have a life message – a work that
God did that is their message
- “God sent me” = an apostolic assignment
- Joseph strategically placed in the world
of Government and finance to enable the kingdom of God to advance.
· Personal life is a prophetic picture of Christ – (Christ revealed)
· Spiritually sensitive to God – (prayer/leaning on God) (Gen 41:38)
· Prophetic insight to people and to the season
· Divine favour manifest in all that he did in Egypt (Gen37:23)
· Strategic Connection given to him by God – Gut
· Innovative – broke out of tradition in accomplishing Gods purpose
· Unused wisdom that unlocked impossible situations
· Serving spirit that promoted others (Gen 39:4) (Gen 41:39)
- God is raising up many Josephs’ to
penetrate the areas of finance and government to extend the kingdom of God
and release finance and influence to Gods people.
- Key Gifting of Joseph: Prophetic –
Revelation, Discernment and Wisdom.
- Joseph carried presence of God into
marketplace. Gen 39:2-3, 21-23.
3. Joseph’s Maturity Process.
Gen 37:2-8. …they
hated him the more for his dream and words.
- Joseph lacked humility and wisdom
- Would have failed in God given assignment
- God arranged the maturity process –
preparation for his assignment
- Joseph had to grow up – stop living
1 Cor 8:1. Knowledge puffs
up – love edifies.
- Puff = 5449 = Phusioo = to blow up,
inflate, make proud, swell – self importance
- Edifies = 3618 = Oikodomeo = to be a
house builder, a family builder.
Gen 49:23. The archers have sorely
grieved him and shot at him and hated him.
- Archer = ‘Lord of the Arrows’ – Demonic
- Arrows = Bitter Words (Ps 64:3)
Gods Maturity Process
• Betrayal (Brothers)
• False Accusation (Potiphar’s wife)
- Bitter criticism (Brothers)
• Ingratitude (Brother)
1 Pet 5:6. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God
that he may exalt you in due season.
- “The mighty hand of God” = 5 fold
ministry, Word of God, Discipline of Life, Relationship
- Your choice – respond to Gods shaping
process, to mature.
- Must mature to be able to handle all God
wants to give you.
- Note Joseph Attitude (iii)
- Gen 47:20
- Gen 45:5-8
(i) Honoured God - Gen
God wants us to Mature
1 Cor 13:11. When I was a child I spoke like a
child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child, put away childish things.
- ‘Child’ = 3516 = nepios = not speaking,
infant, unskilled, untaught, miner.
- ‘Understood’ = 5426 = phroueo = to
exercise mind, have opinion or attitude
- ‘Thought’ = 3049 = logizomai = to reason,
- Put away childlikeness – do away with,
· No longer tossed to and fro
· No longer carried about
· No longer influenced by sin atmosphere
· No longer influenced by carnal people with agendas, ambitions
· No longer offended – specking truth, loving enough to face issues
· No longer disconnected and isolated but connected to body
· No longer taking – becoming a supplier of what church needs
· No longer weak but effective in ministering to others
· Walk in love and functions in the giftings’ of God.