Is 43:18-19. Behold I am doing a
- Rejoice in what God has done last year –
- Don’t dwell there: - God continually
plans new and fresh things for our life.
- 2006: your new challenges, opportunities,
victories to be new.
- Don’t settle for what you have. God
always wants to enlarge us.
- Fresh passion, Fresh revelation,
John 5:1-15. Crippled man healed.
- Bethesda – House of kindness, Mercy,
Grace of God
- Multitudes of people in need of miracle –
Ø Blind = 5185 = No
vision, to envelop with smoke, worried with problem
Ø Halt = 5560 = limping,
crippled, unable to walk properly.
Ø Withered = 3584 = dry,
shrunken, no life.
Ø Impotent= 770 = Powerless,
without strength to change.
2. 5 keys for change/enlargement.
1. Decide – Don’t drift.
- Jesus saw the man – and knew his
- “Will you be made whole?”
- “Will you” = 2309 = to determine, to
choose, to purpose, to resolve.
- Everyone has something in life that is
difficult – negative.
- God is sovereign but has limited himself
to work with our choices
- God has given you free will – power to
- E.g. Adam, Eve – power of choice and
- Every choice you make has a consequence –
you can’t escape consequence – you can make a choice.
- Don’t drift in 2006. – Drifting is
a choice you make – empower others.
- Make decisions – what are you going to
focus your life on.
Duet 30:19. I set before you life
and death, choose life.
- Your choices impact others.
2. Don’t place limits on God.
Ps 78:41. “…They limited the Holy One of
- God is not limited, but we can limit God
by what He does through us.
Mark 10:27. …with God all things
- Don’t become a person who is a believing Christian
but a practical Atheist.
- The mans’ response reflected what was in
- ‘Sin’ – Failed to realise who Jesus is,
what Jesus can do.
- “No Man” – victim mentality – looking to
people to come through for him.
- “Another before me” – resentment of others,
focused in blessing of others
- “Waters” – Mindset about how God moves.
Ø All of these attitudes
limit what God can do through you.
3. Position Yourself to Hear
Personally from God.
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing
the Word of God.
- Enlargement in life comes through
embracing the Word of God.
- Cannot live off others revelation, you
need your own revelation, hear God.
Luke 5:5. Nevertheless at your
word I will let down the net.
Peter experienced a miracle in his business, personal
- Position yourself to hear – Daily time in
prayer, word and expect to hear.
Hear instructions – watching daily – waiting.
4. Confront issues in your
life that limit you.
- Jesus questions: not will be healed but
will be made whole.
- Not just a miracle but changed lives,
:14. “Go and Sin No more” – worse thing
- Sin is a deceiver – steals Gods best for
- Promises much but end = “worst thing”
- Zero tolerance
- Identify what is eroding your character –
revelation with God: - Sin? Habits? Choices? Association? Lifestyle?
Matt4:17. Repent – kingdom of
Heaven at hand.
5. Make known what God has done.
- Jesus told the man to carry his bed –
Man boldly testified what God had done.
- Miracles are not just for you they are
for others also – release the anointing.
- Testifying gives others hope.
- Testifying surfaces the attitudes of
Man boldly testified – the region turned to Christ.