2 Corinthians 5:7 “We walk by faith not by sight”
· Walk by sight => act according to circumstances, feelings – what can see!
· Walk by faith => act according to the Word of God. – what could be!
· Faith comes by hearing and believing the word of God (Heb11:6)
· Only the life of faith is the one pleasing God. (Hebrew 11:6)
· Philippians 4:18 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
· All that God has called me to do – I can do it!
2. I can Walk in Victory:
· Many Christians know God forgives but struggle to walk in victory.
(a) Sin and Death has Dominion
Rom5:12 By one man sin entered and death by sin – sin reigned!
· Adams sin – death entered and spread to every human being.
· Death = separation, from life of God – consequence = separation and physical death
· There is a “law of Sin and death” (Romans 8:2) a power that destroys life.
· Sin and death have dominion i.e. occupying ruling position over every person. Rom3:13 All have sinned. Rom6:23 Wages of sin is death.
· Every human being experiences the power working – it weakens them.
· Sin weakens the ability to trust God, doubt his love and grace.
(b) I can have dominion over Sin
Rom8:2 The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ has made me free from the Law of sin and death
· Free = 1658 = to be delivered, set free to unrestrained liberty
· The key to this freedom is the release of the Spirit of Life in Christ
· E.g. Compare gravity and law aerodynamics
Plane overcomes gravity when grectin power
· Rom5:17 Death reigned by one, much more shall they which receive the abundance of grace, of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ.
· Reign = 935 = To rule as a King, walk in authority and power.
= Victory over personal sin, habits, negative attitudes, struggles, pressure, difficulties.
= You can have dominion – be a winner in Life.
· Key = “Receive” = 2983 = to personally take hold for oneself.
= to accept, take up something offered.
NB. Receive = work, struggle to make something happen
(i) Abundance of Grace.
(ii) Gift of Righteousness.
3. I can abound in the Grace of God:
· Romans 5:20 “where sin abounded grace did much more abound”
· What is Grace?
· Most Christians do not understand “Grace” - confuse grace and mercy. – confuse Grace and tolerance.
· Grace does not mean God tolerates and overlooks sin.
· God hates sin – did not save you to serve sin and get away with it. Romans 6:1-2 Shall we continue to sin that grace might abound.
Romans 6:14-16 Whomsoever yield yourself servants to obey
= willingness to spare or forgive
(NB) Mercy => Gods willingness to forgive.
=> I do not receive punishment I deserve, am forgiven.
Grace => Gods empowering to overcome sin and do the will of God.
· No matter what the situation, or temptation, or pressure God will help.
· Grace = the power given by God to reign in life
= the power given to have a life that pleases God in fulfilling his purpose
(Ephesians 2:8 - “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God” )
(2) Overcome Sin:
(Romans 6:14 - “For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace”)
(1 Corinthians 15:10 - “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me”)
(4) More in Gifts:
(Romans 12:6 – “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith”;)
(5) Firm in Leadership – Enables you to function as a Leader:
(1 Corinthians 3:10 – “According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it”)
(6) Give Generously:
(2 Corinthians 9:8 - “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work”)
(7) Overcome Opposition:
(2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”)
· All I need for life is available through Christ
4. I can come Boldly to God and Receive:
Hebrews 4:15-16 “Let us come boldly to the throne of grace – obtain”
· Jesus conquered every temptation, pressure that we can face in life.
· His victory is available to us – How did he do it? – Grace of God.
· John 1:14 - - full of grace ( power to prevail) and truth! Jesus walked in victory – became of the grace – ability of God in him. We can receive that grace also.(v17)
· “Throne of Grace” * Throne = source of authority, power to rule.
* Grace = Ability of god to prevail. (Not judged)
· We can come in faith and expectancy and obtain.
2. Grace to help
· Philippians 4:13 All God calls me to do – I can do it thru Christ who strengthens me.
“You Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens You!!”