- Reign = 936
= to exercise kingly power, to be a king, exercise dominion.
= to be empowered to overcome in every circumstance and situation.
2. The Foundation for Reigning is
· What are the requirements to reign in life?
Romans 5:17. Receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.
· Grace = 5485 = the power of God given to you to empower you. To enable you to conquer sin and overcome in life and fulfil the Will of God.
· Romans 5:21 - even so might grace reign through righteousness
· Grace is the power of God - it is the activity of the Holy Spirit in you.
· Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of Grace (Heb10:29)
· Grace reigns = the power of the Holy Spirit enables you to overcome in every situation.
· Righteousness = to be made right with God so have free access to him.
· Romans 5:1-2 Being Justified by faith
1. We have peace with God (i.e. to become joined, set at one)
2. We have access to the Grace (Power) of God.
· How do you become Righteous (Right with God)
a) By our own Works
i. i.e. By trusting in your own performance. (Rom3:20)
ii. This means must never fail or commit any sin
b) By Faith
i. i.e. By believing and putting total trust in God’s provision.
ii. Rom10:9-12 (With the heart man believes and with mouth he confesses)
· God offers righteousness as a free gift to be received by faith.
· We become righteous when we receive Christ the Righteous One
· 1Cor1:30 Christ is made unto us righteousness.
· 2Cor5:21 that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
· To receive the grace (ability of God) to rule in life in every area
· I must accept I am righteous in Jesus (Rom4:3-5).
· I must believe and confess this righteousness - standing with God.
· Righteousness makes you able to boldly access the grace of God.
3. Grace is Available for Every Need:
Hebrews 4:15-16 “Let us come boldly to the throne of grace”.
i. Righteousness - I must know my standing with God
· Prov28:1 - the righteous are as bold as a lion
· Knowing (believing in heart) I am right with God = boldness
· Tendency is when you fail = condemned = lose boldness =“try hard”
ii. Humility - I must come with dependency on God
· James 4:6 “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble”
· Proud = despising others, over rating ones own ability.
· Humble = recognising ones need for God’s help and submitting.
4. Grace is Available:
1) Personal Failures
Hebrews 4:16 ‘Obtain “Mercy’”
· Mercy = Forgiveness and removal of sin/failure.
· Key Issues, Repentance and confession and Faith (1Jn1:9)
2) To Overcome in Life
Hebrews 4:16 grace to help in time of need.
· Literally “well timed grace” = set appointed time.
· Grace only released at point you need it.
· You don’t get the grace until the point of need.
· E.g. Temptation - 1Cor10:13/2Cor10:5
· E.g. Difficulties of Life Phil4:13, Rom8:37