“Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word proceeding from the mouth
· Greatest gift God has given us – the capacity to hear from Him, to
· Many decisions in Life – Bible School – Needed revelation – A Word
· Proceeding Word: – foundation to live the supernatural life.
· Proceed = to flow forth, to project.
· Word = Rhema = a spoken word.
· Jesus quoting period in Israel’s journey when faced with difficulty,
· Greatest need – to live life based on revelation not circumstances
2. What is Revelation?
Matthew 16:13-19. “Flesh and blood has not revealed it to you but my Father in
- Key Questions. (1) What is the
opinion of people?
(2) What do you believe?
- Peters response commended – came by
revelation not sense knowledge.
- Revelation = to take off the cover, to
disclose, make something known
= God disclosed something by Spirit to spirit communication.
- Head knowledge – based on senses and
reasoning or opinion.
- Can know the entire Bible but not be
- To be saved requires the Holy Spirit to
reveal who Jesus Christ is.
- Bible contains teachings. Hogos =
- Need to live by Rhema = revealed word,
come alive in your heart.
Example: Sunday message – voice of the Holy
Spirit within, voice of preacher.
- Revelation is the Foundation of God
Simon = 4613 =
Peter = 4074 =
Petros = a piece of rock.
Roch = 4073 =
Petra = a mass of rock
- Jesus builds his church or the rock of
revelation. (1John 5:4)
- Whatever is birthed in our heart by
revelation has supernatural ability.
Note 2 Results:
(1) “Gates of hell will not prevail.” = Ability to overcome demonic
(2) “Keys to the kingdom” = Ability to release supernatural unto the
3. Key Facts about Revelation
(1) Revelation is the Foundation of the Supernatural Life
- Matthew 16:18. Upon this rock I will build my church
- Matthew 11:27. No man knows the Father except the son, he to whom the
- Can know about God but not know him
- Only by revelation can we have intimacy,
Relationship with God. Galatians 3:5
(2) Revelation is needed in Major Decisions
- E.g. Jesus: John 5:19-20.
Son does nothing of Himself but what He sees his Father do.”
- E.g. Paul: Acts 16:6. He was
forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia.
- Bible is full of people led by revelation
– led by a specific word from God.
- Many areas of life – need revelation?
What for? Where to
live? What church?
Who do I marry?
- Personal example: Marriage/coming to
(3) Revelation Brings Stability
- Matthew 7:24-25. “Whosoever hears and does like man build home on rock.”
- Storms of adversity opposition are part
- Storms uncover and reveal what the
foundation is like.
- Word of God in the heart (revelation)
gives something to be anchored to.
- Problem: 2nd generation
Christians – no personal revelation – church wise.
- Example: Genesis 3. Eve did
not receive revelation from God – she got it second hand.
- When you don’t have revelation = legalism
- Hebrews 11:27. Moses endued because he had revelation.
(4) Revelation Activates Your Destiny.
- Men whose lives have made an impact have
received revelation of what they were called to do.
- God has thoughts, plans for your life. (Jeremiah
- Examples: David, Jeremiah, Moses, Paul –
life destiny revealed
- What has God said about you? Your future?
- Revelation is a prophetic seed concerning
(5) Revelation Activates Spiritual Conflict
- Daniel 10:12-13. The Prince of Persia with stood me 21 days
- Revelation is an unveiling of Gods
purpose and plan
- Revelation triggers off opposition to
fulfilment of that Word.
- Matthew 13:21. Tribulation and persecution arises because of the Word
- Whatever God has planned for you will be
proven through adversity.
- Psalm 105:19. Until the time his word came – Word of the Lord tried
Joseph faced difficulty/pressure because of what God
had told him.
“Tried” = 6884 = to refine a precious metal by fire,
work of gold smith.
4. How Can You Receive Revelation?
- 1 Corinthians 2:10-12. God has revealed them to us by His Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit speaks personally to each
- The Holy Spirit reveals things to us we
could not know naturally.
- The Holy Spirit “illuminates” the written
word of God – revelation.
- The Holy Spirit abides within us and
teaches our spirit.
- 1 John 2:27. You have an anointing that abides ….teaches you