· God permits offenses to occur they are opportunities to grow
· God sets up situations to test your attitude
Eg 1 Sam 13/15. Saul/Samuel
Eg 1 Sam 24/26. David/Saul
· God watches how you respond with intention to promote you.
· David refused to avenge himself or to promote himself when he was faced with unfair treatment and injustice.
· Ps 27:4. One thing have I desired .. dwell in home of the Lord all the days of my life.
2. You must be Planted to be Productive.
Ps 92:13. Those that he planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish..
(a) Example of Plant.
· Plants must establish root system if going to be productive
· Constant transplanting causes them to wither and to die.
(b) Example of Cafeteria
· Church is a Family not a Cafeteria not a McChurch
· Family = commitment, responsibilities, growth and authority/order
· McChurch = people walk in take what they want no responsibility/commitment
· People leave church and became offended run where no conflict
· Must face issues and grow not run and blame leaders
(c) People want my ministry not about you its about God
- offended: not recognised;
Planted People are Productive:
Ps 92:13. Those that be planted in house of God flourish!
· Planted = constant abiding in presence of God
= rooted and grounded in love of God. Eph 3:17
· Church = house of God expressions of Christ in earth
· Attitude to church is reflection of attitude to Christ
· Commitment to Church is reflection of commitment to Christ himself
· Church are people, flourish people in covenant relationship with God/
· Flourish = 6524 = to break forth and bloom.
· Courts of God = places of encounter with Christ/place to overcome evil spirits.
· Church is a place where we out work your commitment to Christ
· Fat = blessed, productive, anointed
· Flourish = fresh, luxurious growth
· Productive service/great attitude = demonstrates growth/stability
3. God Sets People into a Local Church.
1Cor 12:28. God has set the members, every one of them in the body as it has pleased him.
· Set = 5087= to establish, put in a place for a specific purpose
· Every = God places you in a local church for your benefit
· You join the church and its a vision not the other way round.
· Pleased = 2309= to be resolved, purpose, take pleasure in
· The devil works to remove you from where God has placed you
· Devils strategy is to offend and uproot you so you remove yourself.
· He gets to know people = see their faults/lacks/humanly
· We forget God uses imperfect people and become offended
· Progression of Offense
i) Spirit closes up (Prov 18:19) ii) Cannot receive input (Mk6:3)
iii) Isolate self (Prov 18:1) iv) Discontent/Critical (Lk 15:2)
v) React to each new or vi) Attracted to others offended and
Perceived injustice tuned feed off offenses (Lk 23:17)
vii) Leave in offended state viii) Distrust/reserve (Jn 20:25-27)
unable to see clearly (Lk 24:13-17)
Never leave by reaction always by revelation.
4. Overcome Evil with God.
Rom 12:17-21. Do not avenge yourself be not overcome of evil.
· Tendency when hurt, unjustly treated to become offended!
Pay back Get revenge Be angry Be overcome by evil.
· Overcome = 3528- Nikao= to conquer, prevail get victory over, subdue by force.
(i) Jesus Father forgive them! Prevailed over evil prayed
(ii) Cain Overcome by evil.
- Started our serving God offended with God angry with brother.
- Consequences: Cursed subject to demonic attacks.
Land not produced potential unfulfilled
Fugitive defiling, unsettled
Complain no one understands; out to get me
· Challenged by God Take dominion Rule over sin (Gen 4:7)
· Taking dominion over offense:
Ps 119:105. They that love thy word nothing shall offend
Acknowledge Submit your cause to God 1Pet 2:2
Is 2:2 Release let go Let roots go deeper into the Lord