· 1Sam17:29. “Is there not a cause?”
· Whole nations intimidated, in bondage, not realising potential, calling
· v24. Fear – to show awe, honour, be totally intimidated
· “A cause” – something bigger then yourself
- something to give your life to fulfill, invest in.
- the cause of Christ – impacting the generation we live in
· Not become a Christian to – sit in church, live good life – but for a cause.
· Cause of Christ – winning the hearts and souls of man.
· What are you living for? What passion moves you?
2. Every Believer is a Missionary
· Missionary – not in the “old style” of word.
· Man with a mission – a cause to live for – something to accomplish.
· You have an assignment from God
· Jn20:21. As the Father sent me – so I send you.
· Sent: 649 = Apostello = Apostolic
= to order a person to go to an appointed place
= to send to a place and a people with an assignment
· 5 Key Facts
1) God has chosen You
Jn15:16. “You have not chosen me – I have chosen you”.
· Chosen = 1586 = to pick out and select from a group.
· Ordinance = 5087 = to set aside, appoint for a purpose
2) God has sent you (on an assignment)
Jn20:21. “As the Father has sent me so I send you”.
· You are sent to a people and to a place
· Business, school, neighbourhood, profession, workplace, sports team and media.
3) God has a mission (assignment) for you.
a) Represent him – Mt10:40
b) Accomplish Task – Eph3:10
4) God will release resources for your mission
Ps68:19. “daily loads us with benefits”.
5) You must keep your mission in mind!”
· Navy Seals – What is your mission? – “Sir, Great Commission Sir”.
· Terminator 3 – What is your mission?
· Mission first stated in Genesis to Adam
· Mission expanded through the Bible
(i) Express the Gifts, passion and Life of God – (“Image”)
· Jn7:38. “Out of your innermost being shall flow rivers…”.
(ii) Overcome Difficulties and Opposition – (“Dominion”)
· Ps8:6. “You have made him to have dominion”
· 2Cor2:14. “Thanks be to God who always carries us through”.
· Phil4:13. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”.
(iii) Fulfill Your God – Given Dreams – (“Fruitful”)
· Jn15:16. “Chosen you to bring forth fruit”.
· Wherever God has placed you!
(iv) Increasing Impact and Influence – (“Multiply”)
· Acts19:10. “All that dwell in Asia heard the Word of the Lord”.
· Acts19:20. “So mightily grew the Word of the Lord and prevailed”.
(v) Leave a Legacy – (“Replenish”)
· Jn15:16. “And that your fruit should remain”.
NB. Acts13:36. David served his generation by the will of God.
· David embraced the mission – assignment God had put in his heart in the generation he loved.
· Now – 21st century – New Generation
· Served = to be an oarsman at the lover level.
- one of many
- all worked together
- roaring to the drum beat of the Holy Spirit
- changed course of History