· Dads what legacy will you leave?
Proverbs 13:22. A good man leaves an inheritance to his childrens children.
· All dads leave some legacy have impact upon their children that
· What memories? Shared experiences? Words spoken?
Instructions? Examples? Money?
· Every man has the privilege of Modelling the Fatherhood of God.
Eph 3:14-15. I bow my knees to the Father
of whom the whole family in
heaven and earth is named.
· Children derive their name from the father of the family.
· Name = identity; DNA; Nature; Origin.
· Family originates from Gods Love desire to share (1John 3:1)
· Every male can produce a child only be a Father by choice and
The High Calling of Fathers
Fathers are called
(i) To be an example of what the Father in Heaven is like.
- Model = pattern, image, representation of
- A Father is the 1st model authority
figure in life of child.
- Model = not the real thing, incomplete
E.g. Model car looks similar; real is better.
- John 14:9.
He that has seen me has seen the Father.
- John 17:6.
I have manifested your name to the men you gave me.
- Jesus revealed the heart, the character
of the Father in heaven.
(ii) To Lead their Children to a Relationship with the
Father in Heaven.
- Everything that is seen is temporary
unseen is eternal.
- Fathers are source of life. Life comes
- John 14:2-3. I go to prepare a place
. Where I am you might be
- Where I am = a place of relationships
Jesus experienced. John 1:18
- Cannot lead others where you have not
- Primary responsibility for spiritual
oversight of children.
- Jesus taught disciples how to pray
connect with the Father in Heaven.
how to be related to the Father in Heaven. John 14:6
(iii) To Disciple their Children in a Godly Lifestyle.
He that has my commands and keeps them
- Jesus demonstrated the abundant love and
provision of the Father in Heaven.
- He instructed, corrected/encouraged the
disciples in the benefits of godly lives.
(iv) To help children discover their unique Purpose and
- Jesus himself identified with the Fathers
unique call on His Life. (Luke 2:49)
- Jesus prepared disciples for their own
unique purpose. (John 17:18)
- Key role of Father help sons/daughters
discover their purpose and stand behind them encourage them to their
(v) To leave an inheritance so children can go beyond
where he has gone.
- John 14:12.
He that believes on me
greater works shall he do.
- John 14:16.
I will pray to the Father He will give you another comforter the
- Jesus broke through into supernatural
realm of miracles.
- Jesus left a legacy to disciples and all
moved in the spiritual realm.
- Fathers are called to empower their
children to go higher and further.
When Fathers Fail.
Fathers Day many mixed feelings as we
focus on Fathers.
Good Fathers happy memories, shared experiences,
Godly Fathers imparted love for the Lord, family
blessed spiritually, relationally and financially
(iii) Failed Fathers Died
left things unsaid, issue unresolved
· Abandoned Unwanted pregnancy, marriage failure
· Distant Disconnected relationship
- Passive and
· Failed alcoholic, Embarrassment to children
· Abuse verbal/physical/sexual
- Grief and
- For good or bad your father has
impacted your life.
- Earthly father is a model of heavenly
may be poor representation
- Jesus came to offer Hope make Heavenly
to reveal we are of immense value to Father in Heaven
- How can you recover from loss?
Give up grief, resentment, bitterness, unforgiveness
Give Honour acknowledge source of your life, release
Get Hold of Gift of God Holy Spirit never leaves.
(iv) Grow up Draw from new source, change the