Mark 10:27…”for with God all things are possible”
Mark 9:23…”all things are possible to him that believes”
· Faith is the channel by which the power of God is released into the earth!
· If you believe … all things are possible.
· Finance; creativity; souls saved; healing; resurrection.
· There are endless possibilities where faith is present.
2. The High Cost of Unbelief.
Mark 9:14-29. The Miracle of Deliverance.
(a) Children can be demonised
· The young boy was bound by an evil spirit.
· Evil spirits can enter into children: v21. Child = infant
· Evil Spirits can be recognised by their manifestations
• Sickness – deaf/dumb • No fear – awareness of danger
• Physical limitation, ADD/Confusion • Preoccupation
• Self destructive behaviour • Fear/Nightmares
• Reaction to Anointing • Cannot retain the Word
• Cannot receive revelation
NOTE: The disciples were unable to get the child delivered. i.e No healing, no deliverance, no breakthrough as in other areas.
(b) Unbelief blocks Divine Healing/ Deliverance/ Miracles.
· Jesus response: Rebuke the unbelief
· V19: “Faithless generation”
· The whole city was dominated by a spirit of unbelief
· The spirit atmosphere controlled the people’s mind/attitude
· Everyone was impacted – including the disciples
Mark 5:5-6. Atmosphere in Nazareth – saturated with unbelief
· “Could do no mighty work”
· Worked with those who were receptive.
· Unbelief - establishes mindsets
- Ways of viewing life
- Blocks the flow of miracle power. (Mark 6:5-6)
- holds us back from our spiritual inheritance. (Heb 3:12)
Evil = 4190 = to have a hurtful or harmful influence.
- Causes us to draw back from living Faith lives. (Heb3:12)
- Depart = 868 = to withdraw self, stand away from, stand at a distance
- Causes us to be hardened (dry, parched) (Heb3:13)
NB. • People think it doesn’t matter if you have faith or not provided their conduct is ok.
· Result – form of religion without power!
· Heb 11:6. Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Must break out of unbelief and into a new level of faith!
Mark 9:23. If you can believe – Jesus uncovers the problem
Unbelief blocked the miracle – “Faithless Generation”
Matthew 17:19. Why could you not cast him out – “Your unbelief”
3. Key to Overcoming Unbelief
(a) Why Christians get into unbelief
- Ignorance of how God works. E.g. 2 Kings 5:11. Naaman offended
- Disappointment – didn’t go as expected e.g. Luke 24:16. Disciples
- Tradition – ways of thinking. Matthew 7:23.
- Passively – yielding to the spiritual climate. James 1:22
(b) Keys to Defeating Unbelief
i. Mt 17:21. Prayer: bold, strong, assertive
ii. Mt 17:21. Fasting
iii. Rom12:2. Renewing the mind
Meditation of the Word of God (1Tim 4:15)
Remembering what God has done. (Ps 77:11-12)
iv. Heb 10:23. Speaking the Word of God
v. Heb 3:14. Fellowship with men of Faith/testimonies
vi. Lk18:1-8. Perseverance –push on and do not quit.
All things are possible to him that believes.