Royal Priesthood #4
Hebrews 13:5 “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise continually, that is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
· Every believer is called to be a priest to God ð with a strong affective prayer life.
· Sacrifice = 2378 = to breath hard, costly offering ð effort that costs you.
i) Fruit of our lips ð verbal, spoken out loud – arising from grateful heart – “to thank”.
ii) Giving thanks = 3670 = homologeo = to acknowledge, speak the same as the Word of God.
· Must learn how to use the Word of God in prayer, pray in agreement with the Word (Philemon 6)
· Tabernacle gives a pattern or skeleton for effective prayer.
· Hebrews 11:23-24 “-- the patterns of things in the heavens - - forgives of the true
- The Tabernacle of Moses was made according to a specific pattern God gave.
- Pattern = 5263 = an example, to show in front of eyes.
- Figure = 499 = a representative, counterpart.
ð The Natural Tabernacle has a representative of the real.
· The service or ministry of the Priest gives a pattern or outline for prayer.
2. The Brazen Altar:
Hebrews 10:19 “Having boldness to enter the holiest of holies by the Blood of Jesus.”
Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith.”
- Hold fast = 2722 = to get a strong grip in, seize, strongly hold onto.
- Profession = 3670 = homologea = confession, speak, same as.
- Boldness = 3954 = outspoken, strong speaking, fearless confidence.
è Proclaim the Benefits of the Cross and the Blood:
· Confess who Jesus is o you - Saviour, Lord.
· Confess what the Blood has done for you - - -
* Forgive * Redeemed from Sin * Satan
* Poverty * Sickness * Curses
· Confess the blessings obtained.
* Accepted * Child of Go
* Authority over all the works from darkness:
- Blessed - Access to God - Healing - Success
· Strong and bold assertive statements mixed with thanks.
3. The Brazen Laver:
Romans 12:1 “Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God which is your responsible service.”
· Present = 3936 = to stand alongside, covenant, to set in place.
è Present parts of your body for cleansing and for holy living:
• Mind/Imagination * Mouth * Works of hand
• Ears * Desires * Walk – daily activity
• Eyes * Will
· Acknowledge the presence of any defilement and ask for cleansing.
· Present each part of your body for holy living.
4. The Golden Candle Stick:
· Exodus 30:7 “- - every morning when he dresses the lamps.”
Dress = 3190 = to cause to burn strongly i.e. trim the wick of.
· Matthew 25:4 “ - - the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.”
· The daily responsibility of the priest was to trim the wick and fill with oil so that the Holy place lit up.
è Fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit and Surrender to Him:
a) Acknowledge the Holy Spirit – any offence to Him.
(Ephesians 4:29 / 1 Thessalonians 5:19)
b) Pray in Tongues – Build the spirit man. (Jude 29)
c) Acknowledge anointing. (Luke 4:18 / Isaiah 11:2)
* Spirit of the Lord * Wisdom * Understanding
* Council * Might * Knowledge
* Fear of the Lord
d) Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22)
* Love * Joy * Peace * Longsuffering
* Gentleness * Goodness * Faith * Meekness
e) Gifts of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:7-10)
5. Table of Show Bread:
John 6:33 “The bread of heaven which is comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. I am the Bread of Life.”
· Bread – sustains life – it’s the basic food of every nation on the earth.
(a)è Acknowledge Christ as our source – He meets all our needs:
* Lord my Provider - Jehovah Jireh Gen 22:1-14
* Lord my Righteousness - Jehovah Tsidkem 2 Cor 5:21
* Lord my Shepard - Jehovah Rah Psalm 23:1
* Lord my Healer - Jehovah Raphi Ex 15 :26
* Lord my Peace - Jehovah Sharlom Eph 2:14 -16
* Lord my Banner - Jehovah Nissi Ex 17:8-15
* Lord ever with me - Jehovah Shunma Matt 28:20
(b) è Acknowledge we are Part of His Body – the Church:
1 Corinthians 10:17 “We being many are one bread.”
6. Golden Alter Incense:
Exodus 30:7 “- - burn sweet incense every morning.”
Revelation 8:3 “ - - the prayer of all the saints.”
· Incense was put upon burning hot coals of fire from the brass altar.
· Clouds of smoke billowed up when incense are put on the coals.
(a) è Praise and gratitude to the Lord – Tongues/English
(b) è Intersession for needs of others – Tongues/English
Note: Priest had 12 Stones on his breastplate - one for each tribe in his heart. (Exodus 28:29)
7. Ark of the Covenant:
Exodus 25:22 “there I will meet you and commune with you”
(a) è Worship and waiting on the Lord.
(b) è Listening and Journaling.
(c) è Fresh impartation for missions. (Isaiah 6:1-6 / Acts 13:2)