· You were created for God’s Pleasure.
Revelation 4:11 You have created all things for your pleasure.
- Pleasure = 2307 = determination. Purpose, desire, pleasure.
- God choose to create you so He could enjoy you.
- You are important to God – He watches all you do – desires relationship.
· God has emotions, feelings which He expresses.
Zephaniah 3:17 He will joy over you with singing.
- God is powerful, mighty = 1368 = champion, warrior, mighty man.
- Rejoice = 7797 = to enjoy, make with, celebrate, be bright, cheerful.
- Joy = 1523 = to spin around under the influence of strong emotion.
- Singing = 7440 = to shout out with joy, triumph.
- You are able to bring great pleasure to God.
E.g. Jesus – John 8:29 I do always these things that please Him.
· Jesus is the model, the one to follow, sets the pace.
· Jesus’ lifestyle – not pleasing self – pleasing God.
· Make it your goal to please God.
2 Corinthians 5:9 - We make it our aim to be well pleasing to Him.
· Aim = 5389 = to labour, to strive, to be fond of honouring.
· Every one of us has to give account of our life to God.
· Without faith in Christ you cannot enter heaven at all.
· Believers are valuated on their life – how they used their gifts and opportunities.
· Key issue: Did I please God?
· Not all Christians bring pleasure to God.
1 Corinthians 10:5 With most of them God was nor well pleased.
Most = 4119 = the major portion.
Well pleased = 2106 = to approve, think well of, take pleasure on.
- Their lifestyle – how they responded, spoke, acted – not pleasing God.
- Key reason: Unbelief – didn’t trust God.
- What happened to them is set out as warning to us.
Psalm 147:11 The Lord takes pleasure in them that fear him without hope in His mercy.
· God notices our attitude towards Him.
· He is a person – a great and awesome King.
· He takes pleasure = 7521 = to be pleased, satisfy dept, delight.
· God takes pleasure when we respect and reverence Him.
When we hope and trust in his loving kindness.
· Respect and Trust are the foundation of building life that pleases God.
Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please Him.
· Impossible = 102 = to be totally without power or ability.
· Foundation of pleasing God is trust š surrender control.
Faith = Trust GOD IS GOOD. (Ex 33:6)
Trust GOD KNOWS BEST. (Jer 29:11)
Trust GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES.(Is 55:11)
Trust GOD WILL HELP YOU WITH PROBLEMS.
Trust GOD WILL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE WHEN NEEDED. (Mk 9:23)
Trust GOD IS JUST, WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT.
What hinders you from trusting God?
What area of you life do you need to surrender control?