Royal Priesthood #8
Matthew 6:9-10 “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
· Jesus gave a pattern of prayer, not just a prayer to recite.
· 2 Key aspects:
(i) Intimacy = closeness connections to the heart of God, hearing His voice.
(ii) Dominion = displacing the powers of darkness and bringing the presence and the power of God unto the earth.
· Governmental Prayer = Prayer that alter the natural visible world by releasing the supernatural power, order, benefits and blessings of the Kingdom of God.
2. You were Created for Dominion:
Genesis 1:27-28 “Subdue it and have dominion”.
· First priority is intimacy – connection to the heart and purposes of Father God.
· Commune = 1696 = to answer, talk, promise, pronounce, subdue, teach.
· Out of intimacy comes Þ purpose, productive and dominion.
· Dominion = to reign, to prevail, to gain victory, have superior influence and succeed.
· Dominion in Life:
· Matthew 20:20 - Not rule over people – rule over prevailing negative powers.
· Romans 5:17 - Reign in life Þ prevailing over every negative circumstance.
c) Releasing the Power of God:
· Matthew 12:28 - bringing the power and order of God into being.
· Kingdom of God, not just talk – power. 1 Corinthians 4:20
· Healing, deliverance, salvation, blessing, breakthrough.
· Doing the works of Jesus. John 14:12
· He was not just Jesus the man, but Jesus the Christ – Anointed.
· The Church Mandate:
Matthew 28:18-20 Go make disciples – teaching them to obey all things.
· The Church is the body of Christ – means through which He expresses His life.
· The Church is to have a “prevailing mindset” (Matthew 16:18 – Gates of hell will not prevail.)
· “Prevail” = to have power over, be superior in strength, overpower,
· Make disciples = wholehearted followers of Christ committed to Him and His purposes.
· “Teaching to observe” = bringing life into the obedience to the commands of Christ so it can manifest into the supernatural life of the Kingdom of God.
3. Governmental Prayer:
Mark 11:22-26 “ Whosoever shall say to this mountain - - and believe in their heart.”
· “Kingdom of God” = Kings dominion – realm where the will of the King is done.
· Governmental Prayer - prayer that releases the supernatural power of God into the natural visible world. By releasing the Holy Spirit to move and Angels.
(a) Example of Jesus:
· Fig Tree (Mark 11:14) – He spoke to the fig tree.
· Demons ( Luke 4:35) – He spoke to the demon.
· Wind and sea (Luke 8:24) – He spoke to the wind and sea.
He acted as an agent of God, representative, speaking forth the will of God i.e. a decree.
(b) Example of Disciples:
· Crippled man (Acts 3:6 – In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth – rise up and walk)
· Sorcerer - (Acts 13:11 – you shall be blind not seeing - -)
· Demon - (Acts 16:18 – Said to the Spirit – I command you in the name of Jesus)
(c) Personal Example:
· Man going to consult a fortuneteller – “I decree confusion over her council”.
(d) Believers Ministry:
John 14:12 He that believes in me the works I do shall he do also.
Job 22:28 You shall also decree a thing and it shall be established unto you.
You must learn to operate as Jesus operated – in the supernatural realm.
4. Characteristics of Governmental Prayer:
Mark 11:22-26 Speak to the “Mountain” – be removed!”
1) Originates with God: (v22)
· V22, Have the faith of God = you are the agent, spokesman for God.
· John 5:19 - of himself the Son can do nothing but what he sees the father doing.
· Jesus’ source of supernatural power was the Father – he listened and watched.
· Faith comes by hearing – actively, Now!
2) Purposes to release the supernatural Power of God: (v23)
By assertive commands.
· “Be removed” = Speak directly to the object to be removed.
· Mountain = any obstacle to the will of God.
· The purpose of a command is to change what is visible by the Power of God.
· Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand the worlds were framed by the Word of God.
Framed = 2675 = to order, adjust, make what ought to be.
Word = 4482 = rhema – the uttered Word of God.
Made = 1096 = to come into being in the natural visible world.
· The world we see was made out of things not visible to the natural eye. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
3) Full of Faith: (v23)
· To not doubt in your heart but believe that those things he says shall come to pass.
· doubt = to separate or withdraw from, to waver, stagger back and forth.
· Believe – Faith is at work.
· 2 Corinthians 4:18 Things which are not seen are eternal.
Not seen = not exist e.g. Angels.
Not seen = belongs to invisible spirit realm.
Spirit Realm rules over the natural realm we live in. (Eph 2:2)
Faith connects us to the unseen spirit realm.
· Key hindrances to faith is:
a) Unbelief - honouring natural above spiritual.
b) Fear - honouring things; reasoning, belief in the negative.
· Faith is a wholehearted commitment to speak; act; trust in the Word of God.
4) Purity of Heart: (v25)
· When you stand in Prayer – Forgive!
· Purity of heart – free from bitterness, anger, fear, relationship, offence.
· Purity of relationships – free from conflict, to have unity.