Royal Priesthood #3
· 1 Peter 2:5 “ – a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God”.
· God sees us as holy = consecrated or set apart for a special purpose.
· Priesthood š People called to enter the presence of God and commune with him.
· Priest = OT picture = a person with a special call, special role.
· We are called to offer up sacrifices (something costly) – not natural but spiritual.
· Acceptable = well received, approved, awaited with anticipation.
· What are these sacrifices?
Hebrew 13:15 “Let us offer up a sacrifice of praise continually”
1. Fruit of our lips š Vocal, spoken – arising from within from a grateful heart.
2. Giving thanks š homologeo = to speak same as, to confess the Word of God.
2. The Tabernacle of Moses – a Pattern:
· There are more chapters in the Bible about the Tabernacle than any other subject.
· The Tabernacle was a tent where the presence and glory of God dwell.
· Hebrews 8:5 - an example and shadow of heavenly things.
- Example = 5203 = a pattern for instruction or warning or imitation.
- Shadow = 4639 = outline or shape of the real thing.
- Moses was warned to make it exactly according to the pattern shown by God.
- Pattern = a die, a stamp, a statue, a sample, a model.
· Hebrews 9: 8 The Holy Ghost signifying by this . . . .
- Signify = to make it plain by these words.
- Figure = parable, picture, illustration with a spiritual application.
1. The dwelling place for God.
2. Made up of 3 areas – outer court – Holy Place – Holiest.
3. Containing 7 pieces of furniture.
· Man = a 3 part being: Body = Outer Court - not covered
(1 Thessalonians 5:23) Soul = Holy Place - covered
Spirit = Holiest of Holies - covered
· Mark 12:30 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and with all your strength.
· God desires we love him with every part of our being.
· Tabernacle furniture and rooms give a pattern for approaching
· 1st Your body - then your soul – then your spirit.
· All 3 parts are important – they make up whom you are.
· Move your body – focus your soul – engage/worship spirit to spirit.
· Corporate Worship:
1. Body - Strong songs, clapping, dancing, shouting, rhythm.
2. Soul - Proclaim who God is; focus your mind, emotions, will.
3. Spirit - Flowing spontaneous tongues, spirit songs – Prophetic
John 4:24 Worship in Spirit – inner man and truth.
3. Pattern of Prayer from Tabernacle:
a) Outer Court - one door, one entrance, one way š Jesus
- body is visible, not covered.
b) Brass Altar - place animals slain, bloodshed for sin š V - sacrifice Jesus.
Psalm 100:4 “Enter gates with thanks giving – into courts with
· Thanksgiving = to extend hands, confess, praise.
· Praise = to boast celebrant.
š Praise š assertive, strong bold, active, sound/action.
š Praise the Lord for what He has done.
· ◦ Free from sin ◦ From Satan ◦ From Curses ◦ From Sickness
◦ Free from Poverty.
· Access to God – Acknowledge the Power Of The Blood.
c) Brass lower - made from brass mirrors, water for cleansing.
· Jesus is the one who cleanses us.
· Commit your body to Him, hands – works, feet – walk.
· Romans 12:1 - present your body.
· Commit yourself to live right – present all of your body to serve.
· Holy Place – covered area, not visible, like the soul.
· Soul = mind – emotions – will – all must be involved.
a) Table of Bread - Jesus is the bread of Life or Source – Fresh each day.
· Focus on your mind/thoughts upon Christ.
· Acknowledge who He is to you.
· Confess of what the Word of God says.
b) Candle Stick - New oil, lamps illuminating pronding fire = Holy Spirit.
· Activate the life of the Holy Spirit within you.
· Pray strongly in tongues – express the life – burn strongly.
· Let the Holy Spirit convict of your sin and restore passion.
· Don’t be dominated by emotions – let the negatives go, burn strongly.
· Acknowledge/Confess Holy Spirit - Fruit in your life (Galatians 5)
· Set your affection upon God - Manifestations (Isaiah 11)
- Giftings flowing (1 Cor. 12)
c) Altar Incense - hot coals of fire and incense = clouds of smoke
= Jesus our Intercessor.
· Altar = a place of sacrifice – commitment.
· Determine with your will to praise God. Jesus thoughts.
· Focus on who Jesus is! Choose – begin to praise Him strongly.
· Purpose to Praise – to engage God with all your heart, all your soul and al your mind and all your strength.
· The Body Moves – The Soul Focuses - The Spirit is Released to Engage and Commune with God.