Contend for the Supernatural #7
“Releasing the Supernatural”
John 7:37 “He that believes on me – out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water”.
· Rivers => Many different expressions, flows of the Holy Spirit.
· “Out of his belly” => Your spirit man – which is joined to the Holy Spirit.
· Your spirit is not limited like your body – it has spirit capacities.
· Your spirit can flow from within you and influence people – circumstances.
· When your spirit flows from within the presence of the Holy Spirit is released.
· “He that believes” => there is an exercise of faith required.
= supernatural activity requires faith. Mark 16:17
· Examples: Pastor’s spirit flows over the church
Parents’ spirit flows over their children
Believer spirit can flow and impart life to another
People who are angry, hateful, prejudice also impart
· How to release the Supernatural?
Keys to Releasing the Supernatural:
(i) Acceptance of Responsibility:
2 Corinthians 10:13-14 “We do not stretch beyond our measure”.
· Measure = 3358 = metron = a limited position.
· Metron = the sphere of activities for which God has given you responsibility.
· Rule = the boundaries that God has placed.
· Each person has a unique metron – sphere of respect and authority. E.g. Parents – Children Businessman – Business
Teacher – class
· Our authority is related to what God has given us responsibility for.
· Within your metron: => You take initiative.
=> Holy Spirit gives you ideas. (1 John 2:27)
=> You must exercise spiritual influence over your metron.
· Discover what God has given you responsibility for, embrace it and release the presence of God into what He has entrusted.
e.g. Life; home; finances; relationships; work.
· If you abandon or withdraw – something else will exercise spiritual influence over your metron.
2. Embrace Your Metron with Love and Faith:
Phillipians 1:6-7 “I’ll have you in my heart”.
· Wherever your heart is directed, your spirit flows.
· Paul was absolutely confident – total inner passion.
· He was confident of the Spirit of God working among the believers.
· His reason: I have you in my heart.
· He held those believers in his heart and released Apostolic Anointing to them. E.g. “Never “give up” and let go one of your children out of your heart”.
· Mark 9:23 “All things are possible to him that believes”.
· Hold your metron in your heart with love and faith (expectancy)
3. Speak Words:
John 6:63 “The words I speak to you they are spirit and they are life”.
· Words spoken from within our heart release spiritual power.
· Words spoken can release life or death. Proverbs 18:21
· Words spoken can release the Holy Spirit or release demonic spirits.
· Speak out Words:
Mark 16:23 “Speak to the mountain – Be Removed - - -not doubt in heart”.
· Words spoken with faith exert spiritual pressure or people, demons and circumstances.
· Don’t withdraw from your words, stand behind them, truth and expectancy.
(a) Words that Bind Demonic Forces:
Matthew 16:19 “Whatever you shall bind on earth..”
Bind = 1210 = to restrain, limit.
(b) Words that Release Presence of God:
Matthew 10:11-14 “….let your peace come upon it”.
Salute = 782 = to enfold in the arms, welcome.
=> speak and release peace into the household.
(c) Words that Honour:
Ephesians 4:29 “Minister grace to the hearers”.
· Edifying = 3619 = to construct a house.
· Grace = 5485 = the supernatural presence and power of God.
· Words that honour, value, build, acknowledge good.
(d) Words of Truth – Spoken Boldly:
John 14:17 “…the Spirit of Truth”.
· When you speak the truth the anointing of the Holy Spirit is released.
· Result many be released or you may get a reaction from others.
4. Actions – Unexpected Kindness:
Luke 6:32-33 “If you love them who love you what (grace) Thanks
· Thank (KJV) = Grace = Power of God.
· Unexpected acts of kindness accomplished by words release the presence of God.
5. Seize the Opportunity to Pray:
1 Corinthians 12:7 The manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man.
· Expect opportunities and Expect Miracles.