TIME TO ARISE AND BATTLE
Mt 11:12 “Kingdom advances forcefully – forceful men lay hold”
· Kingdom is the realm where Jesus rules, His word is obeyed.
· Requires a forceful attitude to obtain God’s promises, to advance God’s interests.
· Every advancement of the purpose of God encounters resistance from spiritual powers.
2. Understanding the Prophetic Season
Ecc.3:1 “To everything there is a season, time for every purpose.
cf Ecc 8:5-6
· Season – an appointed time, period during which conditions for certain action.
· Must recognise season and cooperate with timing, prophetic purpose of God.
· Everything must be in balance: Love/Hate; War/Peace.
· Dt.2:3 Compassed this mountain long enough = change in season – timing.
· Mountain – that which resisted the purpose of God, original plan – turn = changed mentality – v24 “contend in Battle”.
3. Face Your Strongholds
Stronghold – fortified position, system thinking contrary to the Word of God.
(a) Definition – Home of Lies – place of demonic spirits – meditate, live
- Mindset that opposes knowledge of God, filled with deception.
· Like a mountain you go around and around – pattern of sin, failure, immaturity.
· Pattern of sin : Person believes lies, unable to change, repetitive sin. Heb. 12:2 “lay aside every weight, sin – Focus on Jesus.
· Pattern of ‘childishness’ – person remain irresponsible, immature instead of growing up.
- 1 Corinthians 3:11 – spoke, understood and reasoned as a child. – Put away childish thing.
(b) Develop Progressively
Begin with a willingness to co-operate.
· Thoughts (feelings) – action (feeling) – habits – character – destiny (lifesyle)
· Supporting strongholds, build that which co-operates to reinforce lie.
e.g. stealing – lying
sexual sin – deception
e.g. Rejection – fear – fantasy.
(c) Impact on Life
i) Oppose the knowledge of God – intimacy, relationship
ii) Oppose purpose of God – frustrate prophetic destiny
iii) Limit potential what could be and could do.
iv) Fills mind/emotions with lies/deception – “that is just me” and controls life.
John 8:32 – requires truth to set us free.
Dt. 2:36 – there was not one city too strong for us – Lord delivered all to us.
· All things are possible to him that believes!
· Key to victory The Lord delivered all into our hands – timing, obedience, engaged the enemy.
· God worked with them and on their behalf to ensure victory.
· We are more than conquerors through Him that loved us (Ro. 8:32)
4. Engage the Enemy
Dt 2:24 I have given into your hand … begin to possess it, contend with him in the battle.
· Promise of Victory assured – “I have given” – You must believe God.
· Sihon – represents the demonic realm that resists and opposes advancement.
§ Sihon = to wipe away by storm, tempestuous or stormy
§ Amork = one that dwells in the mountains or high places
§ Heshbon = device, reasoning, something fabricated, a device
· Our enemies are unseen spiritual forces that operate from spirit world.
· Battle is not with people (flesh and blood) but spiritual forces.
· Must recognise the nature of the conflict and understand how to win.
· Rise up and take your Journey
· Rise up – to stir up, stand up, decree = New mentality attitude.
· Take journey = to pull the tent pins = prepare self for change by pulling out everything that keeps you locked to where your live.
· Possess and Contend
· Possess = to occupy by driving out the previous inhabitants and take their place – whatever has ruled your life you must take dominion and dispossess.
· Contend = to stir up, cause to anger, create a dispute – deliberate decision to confront what has kept you held down.
· Battle – an engagement, face to face conflict, rt to prevail over.
· No quick fix to long standing personal issues – engage with victory in mind.
· V36 Not one too strong for us (strong = inaccessible, exalted, high place).