· What is God like? Need to have revelation of who He is – What He is like.
· God made Himself known: (i) Through person Jesus Christ (ii) Through Word of God.
· God is:
(i) God is holy (Leviticus 20:26)
(ii) God is love (1 John 4:16)
(iii) God is powerful (Genesis 17:1)
· Genesis 17:1 “… the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God…”
a) “Almighty” (7706 Strongs) El Shaddai = the all powerful one.
· Powerful; able to perform whatever He wants to do without limitation.
b) “Covenant”: El Shaddai is also the covenant name for God.
· (vs2) “I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
· The first Bible reference to God as all powerful also refers to Him as God of Covenant.
· Covenant = binding agreement made between two people, one more powerful than the other, that brought mutual benefits and responsibilities.
· God the all Powerful One – enters into Covenant Relationship with Man. (Psalm 91:1)
· Covenant is a relationship of love, loyalty and responsibility.
Jeremiah 32:17 “Ah Lord God! behold, you have made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for you.”
· God’s power is revealed in His creation of the Heaven and Earth.
· “Too hard” (6381 Strongs) = to be beyond ones power.
· The power of God is beyond the comprehension of people.
· The Bible abounds in revelation of measures of God’s power.
(i) Creative miracles (Power over laws of nature)
· Creation itself.
· Multiplication of oil (2 Kings 4:1-6).
· Multiplication of loaves and fishes (Matthew 14:17-21).
· Eyes rebuilt in empty sockets (John 9:1-7).
· Resurrection of Jesus (Luke 24:29-31).
(ii) Healing and deliverance (Power over all sickness, disease, evil spirits, death)
· Child raised from dead (2 Kings 4).
· Crippled woman healed and delivered (Luke 13:10-17).
· Man crippled over 40 years (Acts 3:2-9).
· Multitudes healed and delivered (Acts 5:15-16).
(iii) Acts of judgement upon sin
· Flood of Noah’s days (Genesis 6-7).
· Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19).
· Death of Korah and followers (Numbers 16:29-35).
· Power of Egypt humbled (Exodus 12:29-30).
· Destruction of Jerusalem (Luke 19:41-44).
· Sinners cast into hell (Luke 16:19-31).
· Matthew 25:41 “Then shall he say to them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”
· Matthew 28:18-20 The great commission.
· “All power” (1849 Strongs) = the delegated right to rule and exercise power.
· God has entrusted to Jesus Christ all authority to rule over heaven and earth.
· God has entered into covenant with man through faith in Jesus Christ.
· God has limited His power for a season and chosen to work through people.
· God makes His power available to fulfil His purpose – nations.
· Ephesians 1:17-19 Need revelations concerning:
(i) Jesus Christ.
(ii) Hope of His call.
(iii) Our potential.
(iv) Exceeding greatness of His power to us who believe.
· God puts His Holy Spirit and His power within us (Ephesians 3:20).
(i) To live a godly life (1 Peter 1:5 – kept by the power of God through faith).
(ii) To witness to Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8 – receive power, be witnesses).
(iii) To extend His Kingdom in every area of life.
· Daniel 2:44-45 “… the God of heaven shall set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed … but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.”
· God’s kingdom Ž establishment of His will, principles, ways.
· Every area of life: Personal / Family / Education / Business / Government.
· All believers must develop Kingdom mentality – advance, progress.
· Galatians 3:2-5 “He that works miracles … by the hearing of faith.”
· Must learn to listen to God – step out by faith.
· Faith hears, declares, overcomes fears, dares to make a difference.
· Every believer called to hear, declare, overcome fear, dare!
· Whatever area of life, you can make a difference!
· Attitude and expectancy and action (Mark 6 – Unbelief, no miracle power. Faith, whole region changed).
· We are called to impact our region for Christ.