Key Verse Luke 11:21-22
“When a strong man armed keeps his palace, his goods are in peace. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he takes from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divides his spoils.”
· The enemy’s “armour” is very fragile, based on lies.
· Jesus has stripped him of all legitimate authority.
World War II. General Jonathan Wainwright surrendered to the Japs at Corregidor Philippines and was placed in a POW camp in Mongolia. General McArthur kept going and eventually moved troops to Tokyo, Japan surrendered. News went out of victory, but Wainwright was ignorant of truth and kept in POW longer than needed to be. Eventually news got through, and armed with the truth, he limped into the Commandant’s office declaring, “My Commander in Chief has defeated your Commander in Chief, I am in control now. You must surrender.”
· Adam was created to have dominion, rule over creation.
· Through sin, Satan usurped authority.
· At the cross Jesus has disarmed, destroyed enemy powers and totally stripped them of any legal right to rule. Colossians 2:15; 1 Peter 3:22
· Jesus has given new creation man the authority to overcome all the power of the enemy. Luke 10:19
· Our choice determines whether we:
a) Walk in this authority (known by spirit realm).
b) Relinquish it, remain captive.
· We are ignorant of victory (never heard the Good News).
· We believe the enemy’s lies (deceived like Eve).
· Choose not to believe the truth (unbelief).
· Give way to temptation and give the enemy a foothold. Ephesians 4:27
· Believe his accusations, accept our plight.
· The enemy’s only hope is that we will believe we have a right to choose.
· Example: Homosexuality, abortion, living together, who we get counsel from (what does God’s word say?).
· He then tempts us, deceives us, seduces us into giving him a foothold.
· Humanism has shaped us, it has enthroned man’s right, and man becomes his own god.
· When we are ‘wise in our own eyes’, and believe we can disobey God without consequences, he has us snared.
· Read Deuteronomy 11and 28; Leviticus 26 to see the consequences of obedience or disobedience!
· The only way we can deliver ourselves from the snare is to acknowledge the truth and repent. 2 Timothy 2:26
· Walk in obedience to the king. Enthrone Him in our lives, align every part of our lifestyle to His words.
· Matthew 4:4 When Jesus was tempted He relinquished any right to “his own opinion” but said, “It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.”
· Jesus lived this way. John 14:10 “I am in the Father, and the Father in me … I say His words (not mine), He does the work.”
· By putting fleshy desires down and seeking His will (eg, fasting, sacrificial obedience) great authority is established.
· This way of living is totally foreign to the way we’ve been shaped by society. Blasts our mindsets!!
John the Baptist Matthew 3:2 Repent, Kingdom at hand
Jesus Matthew 4:17 Repent, Kingdom at hand
Jesus, before He left Acts 1:3 40 days – Kingdom teaching
· Change your mindsets, live totally different.
Respect God-given boundaries Law unto self
Respect God-given authorities I’ll do what I want
Release resources for Lord to use Keep for self
Keep your word, covenant Only if it suits
Give as the Lord prompts Won’t be enough for me
Get out of debt I want it now!
Humbly yield to His reproof Throw off restraint
Forgive, let go offences Keep myself safe
Speak up on what is right Yeah, right!
Teach children – authority in home Idolise children
· Lay down our own rights. It’s not “I’ but “Christ”.
· Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust Lord, lead not on own understanding. Be not wise in own eyes. Fear the Lord. Depart from evil.
· Not suggestions, options – but clear commandments.
· He speaks, we say “Yes sir!” not “I think …”
· As we stand on the Word, live by the Word, use the Word as a sword, we will plunder the strong man’s house and free the captives.
· Love the truth, search for it as treasure, hunger for it, receive it into our lives, align ourselves with it, remain aligned, clinging to it through character tests.
· Deuteronomy 5:29 “… it might be well for them, and with their children forever.”
· Kingdom advance – God’s people are rising like a great army, living kingdom lifestyles (radically different from the world), speaking God’s words with faith, authority, boldness.
· Time – “for the saints to possess the kingdom” Daniel 7:22,27
· See the throne room:
Revelation 5:9-12 Every nation, tribe, tongue, redeemed kings (reigning), priests (offering praise), reign on earth.
· The whole earth will be filled with His glory.
· Every tongue shall confess, He is Lord.
· Let’s plunder the strongman’s spoil, release his captives.