Daniel 2:44 “The God of heaven shall set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed… it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.”
· News media are full of problems, troubles but Bible abounds in hope!
· Daniel interpreted a prophetic dream involving five world kingdoms – most has happened.
· Prophecy yet to be fulfilled concerning the kingdom God will establish.
· “Kingdom” (4437 Strongs) = dominion, reign of king, empire, realm of rule or authority.
· “Kingdom” (935 Strongs) = a foundation of authority and power.
· Note the characteristics of that kingdom:
(i) “God shall set up” = appointed, established by God
(ii) “Never be destroyed” = enduring character, unable to be ruined
(iii) “Break in pieces and consume” = to crumble, crush, and bring to an end
(iv) “Stand forever” = enduring, eternal character of this kingdom
· All of God’s purposes are moving to fulfil this prophecy!
· Jesus’ message was “the Kingdom” and His disciple’s prayer “Thy Kingdom come”.
· Luke 17:21 “Behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
· The kingdom or rule of God is a spiritual kingdom manifest in and through people.
· “Kingdom” = realm over which a king rules and His word is obeyed.
· Whatever you yield to and obey will rule your life and manifest through you.
· Must be born again or cannot see the Kingdom of God (John 3:3).
(a) The Power of the Kingdom: “Miracles, Deliverance, Healing”
vs 32-35 Dumb man delivered from evil spirit – being totally healed.
· God’s kingdom is not just words but demonstration of power (1 Corinthians 4:20).
· People are tormented and troubled by evil spirit powers and sickness.
· Jesus demonstrated the power of the kingdom – miraculous force.
· “Every sickness and every disease” – nothing able to resist advancing kingdom.
· Christianity is birthed and advanced by supernatural power of God.
· Must never accept a form of Christianity that is empty of supernatural.
· Throughout world – a rise of interest and manifestation of supernatural.
· Supernatural always results in conflict (vs34).
(b) The Heart of the Kingdom: “Lost People Matter to God”
vs36 Saw multitudes and was moved with compassion.
· “Multitudes” (3793 Strongs) = great throng of people crowded together.
· “Compassion” (4697 Strongs) = deep inward affection and tender mercy.
· God loves people (John 3:16) and is concerned for their welfare.
· You have never looked in eyes of a person that God did not love.
· Condition of people: harassed and tossed about in same manner as sheep.
· Sheep have characteristics that are not unlike people:
(i) Easily lost – stray, can’t find way back
(ii) No discernment what eat – eat food not good; scours/staggers/cast
(iii) Fearful, timid – follow crowd when it runs
(iv) Problems with internal parasites – worms
(v) Problems with external parasites – fly blown
(vi) Unable to clean up self – dags
(vii) Defenceless against predators – need shepherd
· A key characteristic of kingdom of God is concern for people’s welfare.
(c) The Need of the Kingdom: “Labourers”
vs37 Harvest is great but labourers are few.
· Note the contrast: harvest great (abundant) – labourers are few.
· “Labourer” = trained worker with a good attitude.
· Greatest need in the kingdom of God is for labourers.
· Apostolic mandate given to church is to raise up disciples of Christ.
· Five-fold ministry is given to church to equip labourers for the harvest.
· Church must awaken to need and yield to obedience to Christ.
(i) Trained – must be equipped with knowledge/attitude/skills
(ii) Worker – must be willing to sacrifice time, energy. Available for cause of Christ
(iii) Attitude – positive, faith, teachable, team player
· Equipping Track is to prepare labourers for the harvest.
· All work of Senior Pastor overseas is training workers.
(d) Strategy of the Kingdom: “Empower People
Daniel 7:22 “… the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.”
· God’s strategy involves awakening His people to their purpose and destiny.
· Since 1948 revival, progressive revelation of five-fold ministries.
· Now time to realise and understand and embrace – five-fold exists to empower the saints (believers) for the work of ministry.
· Every member of body is gifted and expected to function (1 Corinthians 12:7).
· Note: Jesus’ strategy:
(i) Pray – prayer unlocks the power and resources of God
(ii) Prepare – disciple Þ teaching people to obey Word of God
(iii) Empower – release and anoint to minister to others