KEEP HEAVEN OPEN OVER YOUR FINANCES
a) Open Heaven - We need an open heaven
· Open heaven - like a hole in the ozone layer - open window for blessing of God
· 1 Sam.3:1-4 - Word of the Lord rare - no open vision prophetic revelation.
· Eli - old, blind, no vision, overweight, compromise, backslidden.
· Sam - Young, spiritual, consecrated, fresh; open to God
· Period of time when heaven not open, no healing, no move of the spirit, no understanding.
· No move of God - people dry, still do religious things, no substitute, spiritual reality.
· Spirit of God moving - joy, liberty, freedom, purpose, vision.
· People’s hearts hardened, “old” in attitude, lifeless, no joy.
· God everywhere - in some places not moving.
b) 4 kinds of heaven
Dt. 11:16-17 Lord shut up heaven, no rain, perish.
i. Closed heaven - demonic atmosphere over city, easily seen, felt. E.g. Bangkok - prostitution, San Francisco - Homosexuality, Las Vegas - gambling.
ii. Resistant - not closed but have to fight, plough through.
iii. Ready - people ready for breakthrough for spiritual leadership to arise.
iv. Open - Spirit of God moving, people readily saved. E.g. Korea.
c) Key to heavens over a city is the church
Mt.16:18-19 Strong Church - keys to bind, loose.
Church has responsible to open heavens in city.
1 Pet.4:17 Judgment begins at the house of God.
· If God wants to open heaven over city must first visit the church. If the church is responsive then God opens heaven over the church/city.
· Church is made up of individual lives, families, small groups.
Mt.23:13 Pharisess - religious people, no heart for God
· Pride, judgment, resistant - attitude closed up heaven not only to themselves but also to others.
· Lukewarm Christians don’t enter God’s blessing and hinder others entering (Rev.3:15-17)
Mt.3:16 Jesus walked under open heaven - move of Holy Spirit.
· Why? Relationship with Father, love, obedience, lifestyle pleasing.
d) There is always resistance to an open heaven
Dan.10:12-13 Prince of Kingdom of Persia withstood me.
· Devil sees blessing coming and resists - how?
a) Blocks release of God’s provision b) Discourages breakthrough.
· First place resistance faced is in the church.
E.g. Mary Alice - Prayer - opens heaven (Lk.3:21) }
E.g. John Avanzini - Tithing - opens heaven (Mal.3:10) }
· People initially negative, resistant, indifferent, unresponsive.
· Why? Demonic resistance.
· As the Word preached, anointing released - breakthrough comes.
· After blessing released devil tries to steal the Word of God and close up the open heaven again. Mt.13:20-21.
· Word of God must take root in your life.
e) Dealing with Spirit of Debt.
· Debt is a spirit that brings people into bondage - Prov.22:7
· Spirit pushes people to impulse buying, living on credit - Debt.
· One of the evidences of open heaven over finances lend not borrow. Dt.28:12.
· Overcoming a spirit requires both spiritual and practical action.
· Don’t look for the “quick fix”
· Quick fix -
· single solution, action that will solve all the problems
· appeals to the soul, emotions, without taking responsible
· attempts to place God under obligation. God is God!
· The blessing of God requires faith (Heb.11:6) and obedient lifestyle.
· E.g. Acts 10: Cornelius - memorial offering.
· Note: -
· Devout man
· Feared God
· Gave alms
· Prayed always
· Just man
· Good report
· Head of household
· Influence on family and friends
· 5 aspects to breaking debt.
1. Things must know
2. Things must do
3. Establish open heaven - Tithe
4. Establish out of debt flow
5. Put faith to work - Memorial Offering
· 3 things must do - Ja.2:17 Faith without works is dead
1. Stop doing old things - running up debt
2. Establish vision/plan and stick to it
3. Develop confession of faith